piercing//e.d

(third person pov)

"You ready?" E asked as he picked her up. She didn't say anything. "Come on, that was a nice long nap."

"Daddy?" She asked, thumb going to her mouth. He nodded and set her on her changing table. "Hi, daddy."

"Hi, princess." He kissed her head before bending down to the drawers. She tugged at his hair.

"Hi!" He smiled, putting a hand on her leg.

"Hi, angel- you stay here, okay?" He said, holding onto her so she wouldn't fall forward. "Here, outfit of the day," He said, holding it up.

"Hi," Rosie said, giggling some more. Ethan laughed, struggling to get her changed. Once her dress was on, he sighed, hands on his hips. "Hi, daddy?"

"Hi," He said again. He picked her up and put her pyjamas away. "Where are the twins?" He mumbled to himself. He smiled, walking into their room.

"Daddy," Lavender mumbled, walking over to him from her blocks. "Daddy."

"Did you sleep?" He asked. She shook her head and frowned. "Awh, look at your brother, he slept."

"No, no sleep," She said with a sigh. "See cake, daddy?" She asked. Ethan took a seat on the floor.

"It's lovely," He sighed, stretching out his legs with Rosie in his lap. "Can I have some?"

"Uh huh." The two-year-old, brought him a little piece. He held it to his mouth and pretended to nibble on the toy cake. "Yummy?"

"Delicious." She clapped her hands and Cole woke up from his bed. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. Ethan smiled up at his bed. "Hey, bud."

"Hi!" The one-year-old in Ethan's lap squealed. Ethan smiled.

"You need to learn words other than the three you know," Ethan said to her. She pinched his nose.

"Hi!" Ethan chuckled and shook his head as Cole climbed down from his bed.

"Cake?" Lavender asked him. He nodded and she grabbed the piece from Ethan's hand and gave it to her twin. Ethan laughed and shook his head.

"Are you two ready to go?" He asked. "Lavender, where are your socks, princess?" Ethan looked around to see them by the foot of her bed.

She ran over and sat on the floor to pull them on. "See?" She asked, holding a foot up. He smiled and nodded.

"We have to go once your mom comes home, okay?" The twins nodded and Rosie started to stand, holding onto Ethan's shirt. He held her up with a hand so she wouldn't fall. "So do you wanna clean up?"

The twins frowned and Ethan stood, smiling. "I'll help, yeah?" They nodded, running around their room to clean. Ethan let Rosie crawl around while he put their books up away on their higher shelves. "See?" He asked.

"All done!" Cole said, throwing up his hands. Ethan smiled and nodded. And just in time too- the front door was being opened.

"Alright, let's go get a snack and go?" He asked. He picked Rosie up and they headed out of the room. "Hi, there," Ethan said with a grin. Y/N set her purse on the table.

"Hello," She replied with the same tone. He leaned over to kiss her but Rosie pushed them apart.

"Hi!" Y/N laughed and kissed Rosie on the head.

"Hi, honey." She walked past them and into the kitchen.

"Mama?" Cole asked. Y/N picked him up. "Mama come home!"

"I did, did you miss me?" She asked. Cole nodded and rested his head on her shoulder. "Alright, E, did you give them a snack?"

"Nope," He said, switching Rosie to his other arm. "How do we feel about a snack?" He asked her. She turned to look at Cole.