ice cream//e.d - pt4

AN// someone asked me for a part 4 of this little series that i did in my old book, so if you haven't checked that out, reading that would make this one make a lot more sense :) the whole series will also be in my series' book :) love you all

(third person pov)

"There we go," Ethan sighed as he set the baby carrier on the ground in the living room. The kids walked in and around, all so excited.

"She's sleeping!" Kian said with a sigh, sitting down on the carpet. Y/N walked in, turning the carrier to face the couch as she sat. She unzipped Caramel's sweater and undid the fastenings of the carrier to pull the newborn out.

"She's literally teeny," Eliana hummed, sitting next to her mom.

"Isn't she?" Ethan grinned as he came back with the toddler that had taken a nap in the car. The boys sat on the carpet in front of y/n as E let Joy sleep on his shoulder.

"'S time to feed her?" Ethan asked. Y/N shook her head as the baby drooled in her sleep.

"I'll feed her when she wakes." Ethan nodded as Josh looked up at him. "Ethan, can you go make sure the nursery's all good?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah," He said. He decided to carry the sleeping toddler up. This was the last room they had, once Ethan's office and now a nursery.

He opened the door, making sure all the lights worked as he stepped in. He bent over and fixed the little yellow rug that had now been passed down for the fourth time and checked the crib- not to be used for a little while anyway.

He made sure the room was clean before heading back out, turning the lights out. "Daddy?" A little mumble came. Ethan smiled as he moved her to his other shoulder.

"Hey, princess," He hummed. She made some noises E couldn't explain before grabbing his t-shirt and resting her head back.

"So s-eepy, daddy," She mumbled. He smiled.

"Yeah?" He felt her nod. "Keep sleeping then," He whispered. She nodded again, but he knew she wouldn't go back to sleep.

"'Kay." He headed back down the completely silent house and entered the living room. Y/N still had Caramel curled up in her arms with the other three watching their baby sister intently. "Baby?" Joy piped up. Y/N smiled as she looked up.

"Hey, you," She said with a smile.

"Mama got baby," Joy said with a smile. Y/N nodded as Joy grabbed onto Ethan's hair. He winced, reaching back to pry her fingers off.

"Baby's so sleepy," Josh whispered, reaching his hand to hold his little sister's hand. Joy frowned and turned to Ethan.

"What?" He asked. She frowned and he kissed her head. "You good, munchkin."

"No." He raised his eyebrows and y/n looked.

"Why don't you take someone to go get ice cream?" Y/N asked. Ethan smiled. "Get everything, we'll make sundaes."

"Can the baby have ice cream?" Kian asked. Y/N laughed softly. "You guys should've named us all after flavours, how come she got to be a flavour, and I'm just Kian?"

Y/N smiled up at Ethan who simply shook his head. "You guys are cute, mom and I made some pretty cute babies," He said. Y/N leaned back and laughed. "Who wants to come get ice cream with me?"

No answer. The three by y/n were occupied with the baby in their mom's arms and Joy was still resting her head on Ethan's shoulder. "Go alone?" Y/N suggested. Ethan huffed.

"Princess, you wanna come get ice cream with daddy?" He asked Joy. She let out a yawn and nodded. "Okay, well, we'll be back with everything for sundaes?" They nodded.