hostage//e.d

(y/n pov)

You were just finished crying for around the third time when there was yet another knock on your door. "I'm not hungry," you repeated. You wondered what the time was. You, in fact, were hungry But you weren't going to eat anything he had to offer you.

"Miss, Mr. Dolan wants you to-"

"I don't care," you yelled. "Tell your Mr. Dolan to go fuck himself because I don't fucking care." There was silence on the other end of the door before one of his- what, servants? maids? spoke up.

"Yes, ma'am."

They walked away and you sat back on the bed and looked around. What the fuck was going on?

All you wanted was to do one report for your blog about Ethan Dolan's life. And you just so happened to know his ex girlfriend. And finding out that they had broken up behind closed doors? That was news to you.

News you could write about.

You teased the information, letting your readers know something about him was coming and his team had found it. Seeing it as a business opportunity, you'd replied right away when they reached out to you.

What you'd thought would be an interview to allow you to further your research on him, turned into you almost walking into a kidnapping willingly.

You stayed up, so confused, lost, worried. What were your parents going to do? Call the police? File a missing person's report? Your friends? Your job? Was Ethan going to let you go?

You hoped he would. You definitely wouldn't be writing about the break up now, and you'd promise him you wouldn't do so, if he let you go, that is. Maybe he was just trying to scare you? Scare you into not writing about him. And if that was the case, it was working.

You'd just come out of the bathroom attached to your room when you heard noises. That was the other thing. In a house this big- mansion you could say, there ought to be dungeons or a cellar of some sort.

So for him to let you stay in a perfectly nice room? There was no way he really had intentions of 'punishing you', so to speak.

You'd dried your hands off on your jeans as you listened. It sounded like a baby's cries, almost. And as you walked to the door, pressing your ear to it, you realized it was.

Immediately worried, you tried opening the door. You felt stupid when it opened right away. You could've escaped all this time but you'd thought that Ethan had locked you up, all those hours ago. Guess not.

And you were glad to have followed the noises of the cries because it led you straight to a baby's nursery. You walked in and the poor thing was just lying there, wailing on her own. "Hi!" you cooed softly. She only cried louder as you approached the crib. She looked a few months old, maybe.

Her arms were up in the air as she wailed and you clicked your tongue to get her attention as you scooped her up. "Who are you?" you asked in a whisper. "What's wrong?"

You rocked her back and forth for a moment, looking around. It didn't seem as if she needed to be changed, so you figured she was probably hungry. Either that, or she needed to be held.

So you rocked her, looking around and deciding to sit on a rocking chair in the corner. "Shh, I've got you," you whispered to the baby. You didn't know who she was, or who's she was. All that mattered was that she stopped crying because it pained you to see her wailing. "Where's mama, hm?" you asked, pulling her onesie away from her neck as you tried to give her some room to breathe.

You looked around for a baby monitor and were glad to find one, though it seemed as if the other person wasn't using it to see that the little baby was crying. You calmed her down a little, and she was just starting to settle into your arms as someone ran in.