sick//e.d

AN// to the person who requested this one: i hope you like it!! its just a jumble of words, really, but i feel like you guys like it like that, so here you go xx

(third person pov)

"I know, I know," Ethan sighed as he picked her up. She cried into his neck. He rubbed her back as they walked out of her room. "I know, princess, let's have some more medicine, yeah?"

She just cried harder.

He almost tripped down the stairs- it was 3 in the morning for god sake. And so he fumbled down the stairs and made it to the kitchen, turning all the lights on, along the way. "Yeah, I know, I know, Serenity, I know," He sighed, sitting the two-year-old on the counter. She just continued to cry as he got her Tylenol out, pulling her third dose into the syringe.

"What's happening?" Y/N asked, walking into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes and letting out a yawn. "Awh," She pouted as she watched her take the medicine, one hand on her baby bump.

"I know," Ethan sighed for the thousandth time. "See, almost done, I know it's yucky, baby, but you gotta have it," He said with a smile. She drank it with a gulp.

"Feel all better?" Y/N asked. Serenity shook her head. She reached for Ethan again, and he tossed the syringe in the sink and picked her up. "I told you taking her out in the rain was a bad idea," She mumbled, waddling behind Ethan. Ethan turned to glare at his wife.

"No one asked." They headed back up to her room and Ethan sat her on the bed. She wiped at her eyes and shook her head.

"Sleep with mama and daddy," She mumbled, reaching back for him. Ethan sighed and picked her up. "Sleepy."

"I know, princess, when you wake up, you'll feel better, I promise, okay?" He asked. She nodded into his neck, and he felt a tear roll down his bareback. Ethan sighed as he felt y/n wipe away the little girl's tears.

As y/n turned off all the lights, Ethan crawled into bed, keeping Serenity with him. And as he laid, she curled up onto his chest and fisted his chain. "Okay?" HE whispered. She nodded and began to drift off to sleep. He looked up at y/n, kneeling on the bed.

"I'm gonna get a snack, want something?" She asked. Ethan raised his eyebrows.

"A snack? Now?" He asked. She rolled her eyes. "What's that little guy doing in there?"

"Yes or no?"

"A cookie please."

Y/N left the room to go get them cookies and Ethan sighed, looking down at Serenity. "Cookie?" She asked, eyelids still fluttering.

"Not for you, princess, when you wake up, okay?" She nodded and his thumb went to her mouth. Ethan pulled it out and smiled. "Your eyelids are heavy, huh, princess? Why don't you sleep, baby?"

"Daddy get sick too?" She mumbled. Ethan smiled.

"Daddy'll gladly get sick if it meant his princess wouldn't be sick anymore," He said with a smile. And with that Serenity was officially asleep, the Tylenol doing its job.

Y/N was waddling back in with the box of vegan cookies Grayson had baked. She crawled onto the bed and opened it, handing E one. Ethan chuckled softly, taking a hand off of Serenity's back and took it.

"Think you'll wake your little princess by chewing?" Y/N asked. Ethan froze and the cookie stopped halfway in his mouth. Y/N laughed. "I'm kidding, oh my god."

"No I don't wanna wake-"

"Just eat your damn cookie."

They eat in silence for a moment, moving Serenity a tad bit down as he sat up, careful not to wake her. "Done now?" Ethan asked. Y/N nodded, stuffing one last cookie into her mouth and shutting the container.