Chapter 1

"Come on (Y/N) hurry up!"

"Don't rush me the master is at work.." I said carefully braiding the ends of Ty-lee's hair. The deep, scarlett haze present in the room wasn't exactly making braiding her hair any easier.

"You're both being stupid," Azula said creeping up behind us, "it's just hair... it's not like it's important or anything" she then took her hand and "accidentally" brushed it against mine and "accidentally" used her bending to seer my skin.

"Ow!" I pulled my hand back. "What was that for?" My eyes brimmed with a clouded anger.

"Oh nothing..." she smiled vainly, "just felt like it for entertainment purposes" she observed me carefully.

"Well no one's laughing" I retorted crossing my arms

"Mai almost smiled... that at least counts for something" she replied grinning even wider "oh boo hoo.. you can handle a little fire... you're a bender aren't you? Well with your skill... I'd barely call you one"

I felt the embarrassment rising to my cheeks as I stood helplessly next to her
"I'm going to take a walk..."

I walked away from the trio and mindlessly wondered down the hallway. I just had to take a moment to clear my head... you could only handle so much Azula. The layout of the house was engraved in my mind. I had been here many times before, Azula's house was our most common place to hang outside of the Academy. She always insisted it be her house we go to and honestly I didn't have the nerve to argue with her. The dark red hues turned to open blue skies. I had found myself in the court yard. My eyes glanced over the area and I immediately ran to the pond, my favorite spot. I smiled politely at the turtle ducks gathered near the edge.
"Hey little guys" I stuck out my hand and handed them a bit of bread from my pocket.
"You like the turtle ducks too?" I heard a voice say behind me.
I turned to see a raven-haired boy. I had seen this boy a couple times before from my other visits to Azula's house.

"Yeah.. wanna feed them with me?" I said excited staring into his golden eyes

"Sure..." he said sitting down next to me " I'm Zuko by the way"

"I'm (Y/N)..."

~Several years later~

"Zuko please.." I ran up to him begging through my words "you need to take a rest... please... I know what this mission means to you but this obsession with the Avatar isn't healthy please just... for me take a break I'm worried about you" I laid my hand on his shoulder

"I need to look for the Avatar it's my only way back" he said avoiding my glance.

My eyes grew bitter
"I understand but you need to take a moment for yourself... I'm worried... and so is your uncle" my cheeks tinted with a red hue "I just want you to be ok..."

Zuko paused tracing my eyes
"Why must you make things so difficult..." he kissed my forehead lightly
"I'm going to be fine... don't worry when I find the Avatar we can go back to the Fire Nation together as heroes"

"You know" I smiled lightly "heros need training maybe you could-"

"No" he cut me off "training is dangerous I don't want anything bad to happen to you... you know what happened last time" he said with looming regret in his eyes.

"Fine... I'm going inside to find your Uncle for some tea.."

"Why must you encourage him"

"Hey that tea is amazing and you know it" I teased

"I'm coming with you"

"I thought you didn't want tea..." I smirked

"I don't... its just cold on the deck" he said in defense

"Right... you're just cold" I smiled

Authors note~☆ hope you're enjoying the story so far! Votes, comments, and any support is always appreciated :)