Chapter 5

"(Y/N)" Zuko burst into my room.

"Zuko? What is it?" I said standing up worried.

"I've discovered The avatar is on Kyoshi Island... I'm going out to search for him you are to stay here... understood?"

"Yeah no that ain't happening I'm coming with you..."

"No, it's not safe... you don't know what the Avatar is capable of... I'm not letting you get hurt... you're my responsibility"

"You need all the people you can get... especially after you lost two guards...I'm not that good at bending but it's at least something... " I took his hand "please I know it sounds stupid but...I need the practice.. my bending is improving and I need to face a real battle"

Zuko eyes softened
"You are not leaving my side got it?...and if you get hurt I'm taking you back to the ship immediately..."

I nodded
"Understood my Prince"

~

We marched out of the medal ship into the harsh bitter sunlight. I wore a suit of armor along with the rest of the fleet. My eyes survayed past the land as I grasped the reigns tight of my Komodo Rhino.
"I want the Avatar alive" Zuko comanded... his raven hair flowing harshly in the breeze
We marched up to the village I stayed beside Zuko as instructed. It was quiet... far to quiet... something was wrong.

"You can't hide from me forever Avatar..." Zuko argued "find him"

Zuko's soldiers went further into the village. Suddenly, a flash of green and white sprang attacking the other firebenders. From the white makeup and fans I assumed these women where the infamous Kyoshi warriors. I had heard about them but have never seen them in action. Before I knew it, we were surrounded. I jumped off my steed and rushed into battle, 2 warriors came running at me. I blocked their strikes retorting with a duo of fire punches. They dodged my fire and Zuko rushed over to me blasting a roaring flame at them chasing the pair away.

"Nice try Avatar but these little girls can't save you.."

Smoke rushed through the sky as embers swirled in the air. Ruin had completely forgotten the peace of the once quiet village. From out of the smoke and flame, the avatar arised. I looked at Zuko, upon seeing the Avatar he became completely blinded with a bitter hatred, I stepped back knowing this wasn't my fight. My eyes shuttered and I covered my ears, desperately worried about Zuko
Smoke and ash bequeathed my lungs and I struggled to breath. But I stayed quiet, controlled purely by my anxiety for the young prince. I waited for what felt like years before I opened my gaze. The Avatar had vanished.

"Back to the ship don't lose sight of him!" Zuko shouted

My eyes looked up to see the Avatar's flying bison souring through the sky. We all scambled to the nearest Kimono Rhino but it was to late. The Avatar soured off the bison, landing on a monstrous water creature. It's snake-like mouth opened and showered us in a cooling blast of heavy rain. The once burning embers of our fire faded and the village was saved from full destruction. Zuko paused looking at the Avatar flying away along with his chance of going back home anytime soon. His eyes grimaced a dark bitter gold and the trip back to the ship was completely silent. I didn't know what to do, the Avatar got away and Zuko was completely destroyed. For the rest of the day he stayed locked in his chamber not speaking to anyone. So I did the only thing I knew would help, I broke into his room and forced him to listen

"Get out (Y/N). I'm not in the mood for training or tea or whatever else you want me to do"

I stayed silent

"Well? What is it get... get out already"

"It's going to be okay.. these things are going to happen"

"No it's not okay (Y/N) and your childish optimism isn't going to make it better"

"You're going to capture the Avatar Zuko... you wouldn't be the Zuko I know if you didn't.. The avatar can only run away so far"

"You-you really think so"

"Zuko, you are going to do something that will change fire-nation History... I believe this is it"