Chapter 31

We stumbled back into our apartment, Iroh looked proudly upon his nephew,
"You did the right thing letting the Avatar's bison go free."

"I don't feel right." Zuko muttered, his steps were clumsy and lose before he collapsed onto the floor.

"ZUKO!"

I rushed over to Zuko's body and felt his forehead,
"He has a fever, he's burning up."

"You stay here with him and I'll get some cool water and a towel." Iroh frowned.

I nodded and turned back to Zuko, he was sweating profusely,
"I guess I should probably take your shirt off huh?"

I dragged over one of the cots and laid  Zuko onto it,
"Zuko, would it be okay if I umm ya know.... take some of your clothes off sense you're so hot. Okay wait that came out wrong! I meant hot like... warm... not the other definition! Not that you aren't that too!" I laughed awkwardly.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" Zuko mumbled his eyes barely opened.

"I'm here Zuko, I'm right here."

"You can." Zuko said sweat covering a thick blush, "and some water would be nice to, I'm so thirsty."

"Your Uncle is getting you water. Just close your eyes okay, you need your rest." I replied carefully removing clothes in a way to not disturb him. I tried not to look to closely at his... chest... before I covered him with a blanket.

Iroh sat next to Zuko with a bucket of water,
"Here is some clean water to drink, stay under the blankets and sweat this out."

Iroh offered Zuko a ladle of water, but instead of drinking a sip, Zuko rushed to drink all of it. He then threw the ladle aside and went for the bucket of water, restlessly pouring it into his mouth before throwing it aside.

"I'll get more water, you stay by him." Iroh stated.

I nodded looking at Zuko, he kept tossing and turning so helplessly. His grunts and groans were painful to listen to,
"Zuko, I'm here... I'm here." I stammered holding onto his hand.

Suddenly, memories came rushing back.

"Zuko? Zuko!" I shouted looking around the palace, "Zuko where did you go?"

"Looking for someone (Y/N)?"

"Azula..." I muttered, "what do you want?"

"I knew you were stupid, but are you really that stupid? Here I was going to offer a chance to train with me again and the only thing you care about is my brother!" She stormed, circling me, judging me. I could feel a cold fear beginning to capture my mind.  "You could have been great (Y/N)! I could have taught you how to be a real firebender instead of the weakling you are!"

"I know how to firebend Azula. I'm-i'm I'M NOT WEAK!" I snapped, my body shaking.

"Show me!" She screamed throwing a blaze at me. Embers scattered around the air.

I dodged the fire and retaliated with firekicks. I turned my back to her and ran down the palace hallway.

"Running away already (Y/N)? Pathetic."

"Never!" I spat turning around and using the adrenaline darting through my veins to send a great fireball Azula's way.

The fireball knocked her down but she bolted back to her feet,
"You will pay for that weakling!"

She grabbed my arm and lit a blue blaze in her hands. The light fromnthe fire illuminated in my eyes,
"Azula, wait please. I'm sorry!"

"I could kill you you know? But what fun would that be? Then I would only have my brother to torment. So instead I think I'll leave a mark of my victory." She sneered bringing her hand closer and closer to my back.

"Azula please let me go I'm sorry! I won't hang out with Zuko anymore only you if you just let me go!" I begged.

"Finally you see that-"

"(Y/N)! I've been looking for you everywhere!" Zuko said cutting Azula off, "Azula? What are you doing? Get away from her."

"It's none of your buiness ZuZu. Now leave or... or... I will hurt her." She threatened grabbing my hand even tighter.

In a panic, I kicked Azula's leg forcing her to let me go,
"Zuko let's go."

The faint light in Azula's eyes fled as disappointment and hurt rushed onto her face,
"You will pay for choosing him over me (Y/N)! You will pay."

~

"You should know this is not a natural sickness, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying tea!" Iroh exclaimed pouring his nephew a cup and having him drink it.

"Wha-what's happening?" Zuko mumbled through delirious eyes.

"Your critical decision, what you did beneath that lake. It was in such conflict with your image of yourself that you are now at war within your own mind and body." Iroh explained.

"What's that mean?"

"You are going through a metamorphosis my nephew, it will mot be a pleasant experience. But when you come out of it, you will be the beautiful prince you were always meant to be." Iroh stated.

I looked down at Zuko, placing my hand on his back, looking into the vast conflict within his glance.

~

Hours had passed. I kept dabbing a wet cloth on Zuko's forehead. By the way he shuttered at every touch I could tell that he was in a dream or rather, a nightmare. Iroh sat beside me, asleep. I struggled to watch the person I was closest to in such... hurt.

Suddenly, Zuko jumped up with scream, and for a moment he seemed confused. He brought his hand to  touch his scar and seemed relieved.

"(Y/N)? You're still up?" He questioned.

"I'm here Zuko, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. I couldn't really seem to fall asleep because... well I was worried about you."

"(Y/N)- do-do you think I'm a good person?"

"You make a lot of bad choices, but... at the end of the day your heart is in the right place." I replied, "now get some more sleep... I'll be right here beside you if you need anything."

His eyes flickered closed, my heart swept away with it.

Author's note- ANOTHER ONE DONE Y'ALL!!! Next chapter is going to be the end of season 2 then we're in the home streach baby! Also, the chapters are probably going to start taking longer as Zuko gets more and more screentime so... get ready for that. But obviously since (Y/N) isn't in the og story, I will be having to make some changes to fit her in without messing too much up. So wish me luck with that XD. And finally...THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT FOR THIS BOOK!! Means a ton to me and it warms this author's cold heart :)))

☆ tribute at top NOT mine, made by The Stranger Artist on Youtube I just really enjoyed it so I thought I'd include it :)