Chapter 8

I had become a prisoner to my bed chamber for a couple days. After my fainting incident, Zuko was constantly checking up on me and insisting that I shouldn't work myself to hard. Night sprang and the ship fell quiet. I got up from my bed and exited the room. My steps were quiet as I didn't want to wake anyone. I just needed to get some fresh air. The salt of the sea breeze swirled through the night sky.
I looked out at the soft waves painted in moonlight. The world was still, and for a time I was to. Suddenly I heard yelling from below deck.

"That can't be good..."

I couldn't make out the words but I could feel the very tension present in the voice.

"Maybe some of the soldiers got in a  fight or something" I thought resting my hands on the banister.

Then the voice grew louder and neared my ears. Before I knew it Zuko stormed on deck

"(Y/N)" he screamed looking around the deck before his eyes settled on me "where in the world have you been?"

"I went to get some fresh air... is something wrong?"

"I didn't know where you were did you know how worried I was...?"

"Zuko..."

Zuko sighed trying to calm himself
"I'm sorry... you're just all I have left"

"You have your uncle...you know"

"He doesn't count"

I chuckled placing my hand on his back
"I'm here now...and you need your rest so its time to go back to sleep"

"I'm fine" he urged blushing ever so slightly.

"You're a young man who is in charge of an entire ship therefore you need enough sleep to make good decisions"

"I'm walking you to your room first"

"Okay... how about we make it a race"

"That sounds childish..." Zuko stiffened unimpressed.

"Exactly we are still technically children you know"

"I guess..."

"Those sounds like losing words"

I sprinted down the ship to my room
"(Y/N)! Get back here"

"Not if you can't catch me first flame boi!"

~

I quietly watched Zuko train against some poor soul. Flames being tossed back and forth like they were nothing. When the ship suddenly shifted drastically cuasing Zuko to hit the side of the boat.

"Someone's changing our course.."
Zuko raged up to the control area and I followed him slyly knowing this was gonna be entertaining.
"What's the meaning on this mutiny? No one told you to change course!" Zuko stormed at the firebender working the controls .

"Actually someone did" Iroh said peacefully playing a game of pai sho on the floor "I assure you it is a matter of upmost importance Prince Zuko"

"Is it someone  to do with the Avatar?"

"Even more urgent! it seems I've lost my lotus tile" Iroh said in mourning.

"Lotus tile?"

"For my Pai Sho game...most people think the lotus tile insignificant but it is essential for the unusual strategy that I enploy.."

"You've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?" Zuko questioned absolutely stunned. I kept a chuckle to myself.

"See you like most people underestimate its value just give me 10 minutes to check the merchants at this port hopefully they'll have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life!"

Zuko let off some steam in a fit of anger

"I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew..."
Yep this was officially gonna be an entertaining day.

To be continued...