Chapter 4

"Zuko? You in there" I said knocking on his door

"You can come in"

I entered the room, Zuko was at his desk stretched over a map. I sighed knowing exactly why he was looking at it so intensely. Faint markings had been drawn on the map noting where we encountered the Avatar.
"I was hoping we could get some more training in..." I said my eyes circling Zuko's dark room.

"We can later I need to work on this first... if I lose track of the Avatar I don't know how long it will take to track him again"

"I understand.." I said slightly disappointed, I stepped back getting ready to leave. Perhaps I could train on my own or with Iroh...

Zuko looked up from his map staring me down deeply with his golden eyes
"Wait... you-you can still join me"

I smirked crossing my arms
"Gladly" I said sitting next to him

"Our ship is close to the Avatar... I can sense it"

"How soon should we be seeing him again?" I asked

"Perhaps a few days.. we can't be that far off from his path... and this time I won't let him get away"

"You sound tense... you should have some calming Jasmine tea"

"You sound like my uncle..."

"Is that a bad thing? He is very wise"

"Don't ever tell him that he would never let me forget"

"Oh?"

"He would just go on and on about how wise (Y/N) says he is... he would probably make up some dumb song about it..."

I chuckled and Zuko cracked a small grin

"Is that a smile I see?"

"..no.."

"Then in that case I'm still getting you that tea...mr refuses to be happy all the time"

I got up exiting Zuko's room, on the hunt for Iroh's secret tea stash. I found my feet stopped at the sound of 2 voices. I listened closer, realizing it was just two of the ships guards. I was about to continue on when I heard them discuss the words Zuko and (Y/N). I paused and listened in curiosity getting the best of me

"If that bratty prince doesn't find the Avatar soon I'm jumping ship...I can't deal with his incompetence much longer"

"Who does he think he is anyway? He's a banished prince not a Fire Nation general... he's not going to get his honor back no matter how desperately he tries"

"And his little imaginary 'girlfriend' (Y/N) needs to realize that he's not going to get the crown back anytime soon.. so why even bother staying with him"

"What a golddigger...I bet she doesn't even like that stubborn prince"

Suddenly I heard a voice behind me
"You had something to say?"

I turned around to see Zuko standing right behind me.

"P-Prince Zuko I'm so sorry I take everything I said about you back... we were just joking...I-"

"I don't care what you said about me... but don't you dare talk about (Y/N)... she has done nothing to you"
He then took out his sword and stiffened his stance.

"Get off my ship before I have to make you... your duty has been relieved... you both are no longer soildiers of the fire nation"

"But we're in the middle of nowhere..."

"I don't care get off before I throw you off myself"