Chapter 33 (Start of season 3)

I could feel the waves rush from under me. It was almost like I was back... back with Iroh and Zuko looking for the Avatar in the South Pole. Back when I didn't know what I was doing and where to go.

But now, everything I thought I knew has vanished before my eyes and all I have left is memories. Zuko had betrayed me, Iroh was trapped who knows where, and here I am stuck on some ship bound to the Firenation. Zuko had tried to visit me several times on the ship but I refused to talk. He had made his choice, so I will make mine.

I knew it wasn't long before we got to Firenation mainland, I needed to think of an escape plan and fast. A few things were in my favor though, Zuko had refused to let me be treated like a prisoner so I had no chains and a fairly nice room. It was his  little attempt to get me to be less mad with him. But clearly, it wasn't working. Although, Zuko also insisted my room be heavily guarded to avoid me from escaping so he doesn't trust me either.

I stared at the myriad of Firenation tapestries on the wall,
"How could I have let myself get in this mess?"

Just then I heard a familiar yelling at the door,
"(Y/N) it's Zuko can we please talk?"

I stayed silent turning my back to wall.

"Agh! (Y/N) I'm coming in. I need to talk with you." Zuko retorted slamming open the door. His hair was done up and his clothes were woven finely. For once, he actually looked like a prince.

"What is it? Want to rip my heart out even more? Or tell me what kind of prison your keeping your own Uncle in? Or better yet tell me that Azula decided to throw me off the ship so I could drown!" I screamed tears rushing down my cheek.

"(Y/N)- please," Zuko begged grabbing my shoulder.

I slapped his hand away,
"What do you want?"

"When I get back to the Firenation, I have to see my father again. I just need your support right now (Y/N)."

"If I remember correctly, Mai had a crush on you when we were little. Go get some advice from her. Goodbye." I snapped back.

"Why can't you just talk to me like you used to! You know how long I've wanted this. I thought that you would be happy to go back!"

"I would have been fine going back on our own terms Zuko! But you choose Azula over Iroh and I. You knew what would happen if you went with her." I stammered my voice trembling, "just leave... I'm sure the Firenation will want to see their banished prince when he returns."

~

The Firenation palace was just as big as I remembered it. Large tapestries hung grandly on every wall. Small gold details highlighted the red hue of the palace to give a royal feel. I was kept in a small guest room trying to think of a way to get out. Zuko had even sent flowers to my room. Flowers that strangly resembled the ones he got in Ba Sing Sa. But I just couldn't seem to forgive him. No, I couldn't forgive him after what he did. Besides, I needed to find where they're keeping Iroh.

I heard a knock at the door,
"For the last time Zuko I don't want to talk!"

"Expecting someone else?" A cocky voice sneered.

"What?" I turned around, "F-Fai? What are you doing here?" I lit my hands aflame embers flaring up in the air.

"So you do remember me? But relax I'm not here to fight you." He remarked closing the door.

"How did you even get in here? I thought my room was guarded."

"Just a couple of favors... nothing much. Hmm seems like that whole Fire Nation Prince guy didn't work out did he? Perhaps you should have just stuck with me 'Daiyu'. But what do I know I'm just an archer... so of course you'd pick a banished prince over me." He taunted crossing his arms. 

"Oh shut it! Look I'm sorry okay.... what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have lied like that. But I'm kinda in a mess right now... the one person I thought I could trust betrayed me and now I'm trapped here." I stammered taking down my hands.

"Sounds oddly familiar doesn't it? Betrayal and all...doesn't feel so good."

"You win okay! You got to see me suffer. Is that what you wanted?" My voice broke down and I couldn't control myself. He was right though, I knew he was.

"(Y/N)-wait, that's not why I came here. I got ahead of myself I-"

"Just spit it out already Fai. Prince Zuko could be coming by any moment now. If he saw you here with me, I-I don't know what he would do."

"Look, I know you've been trying to escape but... I have a better plan." He smirked raising his eyebrow.

"Go on."

"The Firenation has both hurt us, but if we work together we can hurt them. Pretend to be close again with the Prince, get any information on the war you can. Then we can get out of here and deliver it." He continued grabbing my hand.

"I don't know Fai. I'm not mad at the whole Firenation... just Zuko and Azula really. This is my home... I grew up here. I just don't know if I can betray everything like that."

"But we can make the Firenation  such a better place! Aren't you tired of living in Zuko's shadow? All people will ever see you as is Prince Zuko's lover. Unless we do something about it! We could be heros (Y/N)! If we get the right information and get it to the right people we could take down the bad of the Firenation for good."

"If-if I do this and by some miracle it works. Promise me that you won't hurt Zuko, just take him as a prisoner or something." I added my heart beating still. Was I actually going to go through with this?

"That can be arranged if you wish."

"Then fine, I'll see what I can do." I replied looking into Fai's dark eyes.

Was I doing the right thing? I don't know and I don't care.

Zuko has made his choice so I will make mine.

SEASON 3 IS HERE Y'ALL!!! I hope it was worth the wait!! Be sure to tell me your thoughts in the comments :)))))