Chapter 3

The next few days were a blur... Zuko became even more obsessed with the Avatar then he used to be. He just kept training and training. Inpatient to get back to his search. The ship had been docked for repairs and we were staying for a few days off the coast. It had been a bit since I had seen Zuko. I tried my best to give him his space... which became more and more difficult for me. I had spent my time working on improving my firebending but the results were lackluster. The constant Scarlett haze that was a constant reminder of the fire nation was still present even in our docking state. I had been wandering around looking for a good spot to train when suddenly I saw Zuko pacing down the hallway. By the look on his face something had happened. His eyes were muttled and my mind raced with what could of happened.
"Zuko where have you been..." I grabbed his arm lightly a slight desperation in my voice panic flooded my senses

"I challenged commander Zhou to an agni kai... he insulted my honor... I had to do something... my anger took over I-" the young firebender grew distraught his expression spiraling with confused emotion and darkened memories

"Zuko..." I placed my hand on his shoulder in a solemn attempt at confort

"Don't be mad at me (Y/N) you're the only thing left that makes sense to me!" a single tear streamed down his face.

I grew closer wiping it away. My eyes connected with his
"You know I could never be mad at you... I came with you for a reason don't make me tell you again..."

"I'm just so worried you're going to leave... or something is going to happen to you because of me... I just want you to be safe "

"Don't worry about me... nothing is going to happen... I'm here okay... I'm not going anywhere" I pulled in even closer and my cheeks brushed with color.

The storm passed in Zuko's eyes and I knew he was okay.
"Why are you so good at making people feel better it's not fair..." Zuko crossed his arms.

"You're mad at me because I made you feel better?" I chuckled relieved that he was his normal complaining about nearly everything self.

"Whenever I try to make you feel better I never know what to say...but you always have the right words every time.."

"You know... I think know a way you can make it up to me"

"And what would that be?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Maybe we could train together... just for a little bit..."

"No"

"Please" I batted my eyelashes and his face rushed with a sudden rose blush

"Okay maybe for a bit... but if you get hurt at all we're stopping"

"Yay!" I hugged him immediately.

"Well umm..." he was completely frozen with a sudden fluster "we better get going"

~

"Move your leg back farther... it will help you get a better stance"

I nodded moving my leg back
"Like that?"

"Perfect now try to fight me"

I quickly firebendended a controlled blaze which he easily dodged.

"That was good control but you need to have better timing try to go for
The element of surprise next time..."

I nodded punching three quick decoy blazes and running around behind Zuko for the final shot hoping he would become distracted by the initial attack. Before he could turn around I lowered myself to the ground and kicked a fire by his feet. He stumbled back in response to avoid the flame and fell over but not before grabbing my arm taking me down with him.

"Now we both lose" he said in a rare joking manner

"Didn't realize it was a competition" I smirked

"Whatever..."

"You know... you never told me how the Agni Kai ended which is surprising you usually love telling me about your fighting..."

"I won" he said with a smug smirk on his face

"I knew you would... you're to stubborn to let yourself lose"

"Hey!" He said crossing his arms "at least I-"

Suddenly one of Zuko's soldiers came into the room, cutting off Zuko.

"Prince Zuko.. the repairs are finished"

Zuko golden eyes hazed with a cruel ambition
"Then it's time to look for the Avatar"