Chapter 2

The days pass like waves flowing by. Coming and going quicker then a flame. I spent most of my days trying to convince Zuko to do something other then obsess over the Avatar with various degrees of success. Although, Iroh did make the ships mood more tolerable. My eyes past by the the darkness of the raging sea. I stayed focused blocking out the voices of the others on the ship's deck around me. Which wasn't difficult it was mostly just Zuko doing his typical arguing with his uncle. Suddenly a sound pierced the air and my head turned to see a bright light extending into the air.

"Finally... Uncle do you realize what this means?" Zuko said swiftly

My throat grew numb, The Avatar had returned. I stepped back in disbelief I looked at Zuko... trying to understand what was going on in that head of his. Zuko and Iroh's conversation completely faded through my ears as I grew in shock.

"(Y/N)!" Zuko commanded "go inside the ship... if this is the Avatar he could be dangerous I don't want you to get hurt"

I nodded zoning back to the moment
"Zuko... please don't do anything you'll regret... there will be other ways to regain your honor I'm sure-"

"(Y/N) this is the only way... the only way I can go back... we can go back"

"I know... but I can always hope we'll find some other way..." I said bitterly beginning to walk away from the deck.
"Just be safe okay...please."

A warm hand landed on my shoulder,
"I will."

~

Minutes passed by as I twisted and turned the anxieties inside my stomach.
"Come on where is he..."
I paced through my room waiting for Zuko to return. I could feel the ship move but I didn't know where we were going.
"Maybe it was just a light... just a simple light and Zuko will come back safe without any Avatars involved..."
But even I knew my reassurance was flimsy. Ever since Zuko was banished he grew more and more obsessed with the Avatar... more and more obsessed with his honor. He would do anything for it... his obsession was overwhelming. He became a completely different person... but I stuck by him for one reason... he was still Zuko. That would never change. There was still some good in him. His Uncle knew it to.

The memory of a person who had long faded away still lingered in his golden eyes.

Movement broke out on the deck. Not the footsteps of soldiers... not Iroh singing a happy tune but a cruel fight. I rushed, following the noise.  " Zuko please be okay."
As I walked up the ship I could feel the heat from firebending on the deck. I paused as the ship came to a sudden stop. I  bolted on the deck. Zuko lingered- staring out into the arctic.

"He got away..."

"Are you alright?" I shot.

"I'm fine."

I let out a sigh of relief,
"Then can you please explain why is the ship frozen exactly?"

"I believe my nephew will be able to explain it properly over a cup of tea" Iroh said grinning widely.

"Fine." Zuko turned a light shade of pink. His embarrassment was a rare sight. But I knew he wouldn't give up without a fight.

Staring out into the mute-sky, I felt a sense of something beginning. But just exactly what remained a mystery.
"Tea sounds nice-" the words trailed away through the rest of the cold air.