Chapter 9

The wand was about ten inches in length, and pure white in color. There was a plaque as well: ' This wand belonged to Adriana Petrival, who was perhaps the darkest witch in history. She lived from 1029 to 1240, when she was finally defeated by Merlin.'
Curiously Anna picked up the wand. Once more wind rushed through the room. "I see you have discovered the wand of Liliana the Bloody." Anna gasped and whirled around to face Ollivander. "I-I'm sorry..."
Ollivander chuckled. "It's quite all right." Anna moved to put the wand back on its stand, but he stopped her. "The wand chooses the wizard, and it seems like this wand has chosen you as its new master. Usually a wand goes to the person who defeated its original owner, but Merlin gave this wand to my ancestors, and decreed that it only be given to someone pure of heart, and that, my dear, would seem to be you. I can't say I'm surprised, given who your mother was. Now come, Hagrid and your brother are wondering where you are."

It was late, nearing five o'clock by the time they left Diagon Alley and went back to the train station. Just before Hagrid boarded the train, he gave them two tickets for the Hogwarts Express. Anna sighed. Back to the Dursleys and back to hell.

Going back wasn't actually wasn't as bad as Anna had expected it to be. They hadn't hit her once. For the most part, they acted like Anna and Harry didn't even exist, which was perfectly fine with her. They awoke bright and early on September first. At half past ten they reached King's Cross station. They were supposed to go to Platform 9¾, only problem was....there was no Platform 9¾. Uncle Vernon started to snicker. "There you are. Platform nine, Platform ten. Your platform should be somewhere in between. But they don't seem to have built it yet, do they?" Laughing, the Dursleys left the station.
"Harry..." Anna whispered, trying not to panic. She was on the verge of tears when a red headed woman walked past, muttering about Muggles. She was with a large family- maybe four or five kids, each distinguished by flaming red hair. What looked like the oldest walked towards platforms nine and ten....and disappeared. Anna blinked as he walked straight through the wall that seperated the platforms.
"Fred, you next." The woman said.
"I'm not Fred, I'm George." 'Fred' answered. "Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"
"Sorry, George, dear."
"Only joking, I am Fred."
This caused Anna to giggle a bit, which gained Fred's attention. He came over to her. "First year going to Hogwarts?"
"Was it that obvious?" Anna asked, her cheeks going slightly red.
"Come on." Fred smirked a little bit. "Why don't I show you how it's done? I'm Fred by the way, and this is my twin George." George grinned at Anna. She found herself liking the identical twins almost immediately. "I'm Anna."
"Short for Annabell I assume?"
"Annaliese." She smirked mischeviously. "You know, when you assume you make an ass of both you and me."
Fred and George both started to laugh. "I hope you're a Gryffindor." George said. "You would fit right in."
"Gryffindor is your house then?"
"Yeah-" He was interrupted by the red headed woman. "Dears, while I'm glad that you made a new friend, if you don't go through the barrier now  you'll be late. Why don't you show her how it's done?"
"Sure Mum." Fred answered. "Annie, just do what I do." He pushed his cart, breaking into a run. "Follow me!" Anna began to run too, pushing the cart with all her might. They neared the wall, and Anna closed her eyes, preparing to run right into the wall.