Chapter 7

To be honest, Anna was surprised at how calmly Sirius had taken it, but she wasn't at all surprised to learn that he kept an eye on Tonks whenever she came to Grimmauld Place for Order meetings. Remus avoided her at all costs, which was understandable, but then they found out.....they found out that Tonks was pregnant with Remus' child. Needless to say that was a shock for everyone, Remus most of all. But Anna wasn't sure what had shocked him the most, the fact that he was going to be a dad, or the fact that Sirius hadn't broken up with him yet. But Anna actually wasn't all that surprised, she knew that Sirius loved Remus more than anything, and it would take a lot for him to give up on Remus, if there was even anything that could cause him to do that. She did go back for Christmas though, but Harry had the unfortunate opportunity of having to go to Slughorn's Christmas party, so he wouldn't be joining them. Cedric had written and said that he would try to join them if he could, but he was on a mission at the moment so he didn't know for sure yet if he would be able to or not.

"I wish that I could go with you." Harry said glumly as he sat on her bed, watching as she packed up some of her things. Anna had managed to get him into the dorm by floating him up the stairs. None of the girls cared, which Harry was thankful for. Draco was still acting really weird around him, but Anna had explained that it was nothing to do with Harry. She couldn't tell him exactly what it was, but only that it was nothing to do with Harry, which had relieved the raven haired boy majorly.

"Instead you get to attend Slughorn's lovely Christmas party." Anna said teasingly, and Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah, real fun." He said sarcastically. "I asked Luna to go with me, so maybe things won't be as bad with her there."

"That's nice, I'm sure that she'll have a good time with you." It seemed like there weren't that many people who were nice to Luna, so Anna was glad to learn that Harry had asked her to go to the party with him. Anna finished packing her things before going over to Harry, giving him a quick hug and ruffling his hair. "I'll see you in a couple of weeks."

Anna walked with Parvati down to the station, the girl was going to be spending the Christmas holidays with her cousins in America, although she did hint that she might not be coming back. "My parents think that it's going to be too dangerous for me to stay much longer, even at Hogwarts, so they want me to stay with my cousins until things get a bit better here."

"You'll write won't you?"

"Of course, you and Hermione keep me from killing Lavender."

Anna laughed at this as they walked onto the train, and the two spent the train ride talking and laughing. Before they parted ways at King's Cross, Parvati wrote down her address for Anna to write to. The two girls hugged before Anna went to where Remus was waiting with a big black dog who jumped on her shoulders and proceeded to lick her face. Anna giggled as she tried to push Sirius off of her. "It was risky for you to come here." She scolded him, but she was smiling all the same, so Sirius knew that he wasn't going to be in too much trouble with her. When they reached Grimmauld Place, Sirius helped her to unpack her things while Remus cooked dinner for them all.

"How's Remus doing....with everything?" Anna asked him as she put some pajamas in her dresser, and Sirius sighed softly. "He still feels terribly guilty about everything, and it's been made even worse by the fact that Tonks is pregnant."

"I have to admit....I was a bit surprised by how calmly you took everything."

Sirius snorted at this. "I knew for a while before Remus admitted everything to me. Tonks had come to me about a month before, admitted everything to me. She had been just as drunk as him and wasn't in her right mind, at least that's what she told me."

Anna froze before turning to face him. "You don't believe her?"

"I..." Sirius sighed softly. "I don't know, it's pretty obvious that she's liked him for a while now, so I'm wondering if maybe she had decided to take advantage of the situation."

"You really think that she would do something like that?" Anna didn't like to think that Tonks would do anything like that while she was in her right mind, but she had to admit that it wasn't completely out of the question, as much as she hated to admit it. She had always liked Tonks, so why did she need to go and do something like this? Just then, Remus called them both down for dinner, disrupting her thoughts.

As the three of them ate, Anna tried to keep the conversation light, not wanting to have Remus think about Tonks or any of that, he was stressed out enough as it was, she wanted to have him laugh, have him forget all of his troubles for the moment. They had just been about to dig into the dessert when there was a knock on the door. They all froze, and Sirius whispered for the two of them to stay at the table while he went and checked it out. Anna held her breath as she heard the door open, then there was a thump and Sirius could be heard cursing loudly.

Anna jumped up and ran to the door, screaming at what she saw. Sirius was kneeling over Cedric who was unconscious, blood dripping down his face.