Chapter 30

Anna had gone with Cedric back to the Hufflepuff common room, and they had talked for a little bit before she eventually fell asleep, her head on his shoulder. Harry hadn't woken up the next day, or even the day after that. It was three days before she got the news that Harry had finally woken up. Anna ran all the way from the courtyard to the hospital wing. Harry grinned as he looked at her. "Hey sis."
"How dare you scare me like that, Harry James Potter!" Anna scolded him. "Don't you do anything like that ever again!"
"Well I'm sorry, but if I hadn't, Voldemort would have gotten the stone!"
Anna frowned slightly. "Voldemort?"
"Yeah, he was on the back of Quirrel's head!"
"Slow down Harry, start from the beginning."
Harry began to explain, and the way that Anna understood it, Voldemort and Quirrel had been joined, and were trying to steal the Philosopher's Stone. Thanks to Harry, they hadn't succeeded. "Harry, you could have gotten yourself killed."
"I know...." Harry sighed softly. "I'm sorry for worrying you."
Anna shook her head. "You're just lucky that you made it out with minor injuries. Did Madame Pomfrey say when you could be released?"
"Yeah, Dumbledore is having her release me in time for the Feast tonight."
Tonight was the end of year Feast, and Anna's eyes widened. She had completely forgotten that it was the Feast tonight and that tomorrow they would be going home. "Shoot, I have to go and pack!" She ran out of the room, Harry's laughter following her.

She dashed into the girls dorms, essentially throwing everything into her trunk. Apollo came in, and he set a letter down on her bed. It was from the Grangers. Anna ripped it open and began to read. Anna would indeed be spending the summer with them, and Mr. Granger was also working on getting adoption papers for Uncle Vernon to sign to hand over guardianship of Anna.
Tears filled Anna's eyes as she sat on her bed, reading this last part again and again. Adoption...the Grangers were going to adopt her? But Harry....Anna was worried about him. The Grangers were only adopting her; Harry would have to go back home to the Dursleys. Anna didn't know if she should let him go through that alone, that was something she would talk with him about on the train ride home.
Anna finished packing and she realized that she was late for the Feast. She scurried down to the Great Hall. Red and gold banners decorated the room, indicating that Gryffindor had won the House Cup. Anna stared at the decorations in confusion. Last she had seen, Slytherin had been in first place. What had happened to make Gryffindor suddenly come out in first? Anna sat down, and Seamus explained to her that Dumbledore had given out points at the last minute to Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Neville, which had given them the opportunity that they had needed to win. "Are you okay?" He stared at her with concern. "You look like you've been crying."
"I'm okay." Anna assured him. "Just...not quite ready to go home yet."
Anna filled her plate with numerous goodies. "Harry...." She looked across the table at her brother and bit her lip. "The Grangers....they want to adopt me...."
"Hey, that's great!" Harry grinned brightly at his sister. "So why do you look like you wanna break into tears then?"
"Because that would mean that I would have to leave you to suffer with Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia by yourself."
Harry sighed softly. "I'll be fine, Anna." He said. "Trust me. You need to go. You seemed to be so happy when you went home with Hermione for Christmas."
"I just...." Anna looked down at her plate. "I feel like I'm abandoning you."
"Anna, you aren't abandoning me." Harry reached across the table, taking her hand and placing it in his own. "You survived so much, what I went through wasn't anything compared to what our Aunt and Uncle did to you. You deserve happiness, and I honestly think this is how you'll get it."
Anna wanted to hug him, but she obviously couldn't reach across the table and do that, not without spilling multiple drinks in the process.
"Besides...." Harry said as a playful smirk formed on his lips. "I'm going to have fun performing magic around them."
"But Harry, magic isn't allowed outside of school for underage wizards."
"You know that, and I know that, but the Dursleys don't know that."
Anna shook her head as she laughed. He was right, Harry would be just fine.

The next day when they pulled into King's Cross, and exited Platform 9¾ and entered the main station, Anna was accosted almost immediately by Uncle Vernon. "You shall not be coming home with us girl." He said with a sneer. "That family that you spent Christmas with adopted you, I signed the papers the other morning. Have fun with your freak family."
"They aren't freaks." Anna said. She was tired of Uncle Vernon and his childish behavior. "They're a lovely family, more lovely than you could ever dream of being. And Hermione's parents aren't even magical, they're just like you. But even if they did have magic, they would still be better than you can ever be!" She stood on her tiptoes, looking Uncle Vernon right in the eye. He flinched, looking slightly nervous. "And another thing," Anna continued. "If you so much as harm one hair on Harry's head, I know a curse so painful that you'll be begging for me to kill you. So don't test me." Naturally she wouldn't really use the Cruciatus Curse on anyone, but Uncle Vernon didn't know that, and the look of terror that formed in his eyes told her that he didn't want to test her and find out. Turning on her heel, she went and joined Hermione and her parents, whole told Anna that since she was a part of their family she could, if she felt so inclined, call them Mum and Dad.
"We know that we won't really be able to replace your parents dear." Mrs. Granger said as they walked to the car. "But we just hope that you know that we'll take care of you."
"I know you will..." Anna smiled softly. "Mum." Mrs. Granger was right, she could never truly replace Anna's real mother. But Anna had a feeling that Lily Potter was looking down at them, smiling at the fact that Anna had finally found people who loved her. Oh yes, this would be a great summer indeed.

A/N: So that's the end of book one guys. What did you think? Should I continue this story on with Chamber of Secrets? Let me know in the comments