Chapter 19

Warning: some making out in this chapter

That night, Anna went to bed in her clothes. Once she was sure that Hermione, Lavender, and Parvati were all asleep, she crept out of her bed and down to the common room. Once out of the common room, she stayed in the shadows, keeping a eagle eye out for Filch, Mrs. Norris or God forbid, Snape. She let out a sigh of relief as she entered the trophy room. Someone wrapped their arms around her, and she jumped, nearly hexing the person, but it just turned out to be Fred.
"Easy!" He whispered, his eyes wide. "It's just me!"
"Fred Weasley, don't scare me like that!" Anna whacked his arm.
"Sorry." Fred pouted as he rubbed his arm. "Did anyone tell you that you can hit really hard?"
"I've been told that once or twice." She smirked at him. "Now, just how do you plan on making it up to me for scaring me?"
Fred smirked as he walked her backwards, pinning her against the wall. He pressed his lips to hers in a heated kiss, and her hands immediately found their way into his hair, tugging at the ginger locks. Fred groaned softly as he deepened the kiss.
"Jump." He muttered as he gripped her thighs, and she willingly obliged, jumping and wrapping her legs around his waist. Fred moved his kisses to her neck, sucking on her soft skin. Anna moaned quietly, she would have to make sure to cover up the marks in the morning. Eventually Fred pulled away, panting softly before returning his lips to hers. He nipped at her lower lip, asking for entrance. She smirked as she denied it to him, and he growled softly as his hands moved to her bottom, and he squeezed it, causing her to gasp, which gave him the opportunity that he needed to slip his tongue into her mouth. Their tongues wrestled for a few minutes, but eventually Fred won, and Anna moaned again as he explored her mouth. They only parted when the need for oxygen became so great that they would have to either pull apart or pass out.
"You know..." Fred grinned at her. "I definitely wouldn't mind doing this every night."
"Of course you wouldn't." Anna giggled as she rolled her eyes. "But for right now, we need to head back because I, for one, am exhausted."
Fred sighed dramatically before setting her down. "I suppose I could let you get some sleep."
Anna scoffed. "Gee thanks, how considerate of you."
"I'll have you know that I'm a very considerate person." Fred held her hand as they walked back, being careful to avoid the halls that the prefects were currently patrolling. They reached the common room, where he kissed her once more.
"I'll see you tomorrow love." He murmured against her lips, and Anna nodded. "See you tomorrow." She kissed him back before going up to her dorm, where all of the girls were thankfully still sleeping. She definitely didn't feel like explaining about her late night escapade. She got into her pajamas and Cody curled up against her as she laid down, quickly falling asleep.

That weekend Anna spent in the library. She realized that she hadn't spent time trying to figure out who had started the fire in Gryffindor Tower, and guilt filled her. She had made those kids a promise. Fortunately there was a section about it in Hogwarts: A History. It talked about how a fire had mysteriously occured in Gryffindor Tower, and the cause had never been discovered. All students and faculty had been questioned, but it all led to a dead end. Their most likely suspect at the time had been a Slytherin named Jason Dean Sawyer. Jason Dean, or J.D., as he was known as to most people, often kept to himself, and a few of the professors had said at the time that they wouldn't have been surprised if he'd had schizophrenia or some other type of mental disorder. He had been questioned just like everyone else, but had been cleared of all guilt. However, he was Anna's most likely suspect. Unfortunately, the passage didn't say what he went on to do after school, and Lord knew how many Jason Dean Sawyers there could be in England. She sighed as she closed the book, wiping at her tired eyes. The library was closing for the night, so she returned the book to it's respectful place on the shelf before heading up to her dorm, Cody trotting along beside her. Dumbledore had performed the severing charm on Cody's tail for her, so now it almost looked as though Cody had two tails, which only added to his cuteness. He was surprisingly easy to train, and so far Anna had taught him how to sit, roll over, and play dead. He was very dramatic about it, rolling onto his back, and sticking all four feet into the air, and it made Anna laugh every single time that he did it. Nancy also visited with her and Cody a lot, although Anna suspected that Nancy wanted to see Cody more than her. She didn't mind though, as Nancy was a very nice girl, and the two had become friends almost instantly, often times having a study session in the library after classes. Since Nancy was a year above Anna, the only class that they had together was Transfiguration, but they almost always sat together in that class, and always paired up for projects that McGonagall assigned to them.
Anna made up her mind that when she went home with Remus for the summer, than she would continue the search for this Jason Dean. She felt like he was the key to solving this whole case. She also had a very strong feeling that he may have even been the one to start the fire, but she didn't know why he would do it. Maybe one of them, possibly Zachary, had antagonized him once too many times. After all, everyone had their breaking point. Some people just went to the extreme when they reached it.
Anna sighed softly. "Don't worry guys." She whispered. "I'm going to find out what happened, I swear it."

A/N: Kudos to whoever finds the Heathers reference, that's like one of my favorite musicals