Chapter 26

"NO!!" Anna awoke with a scream, and it took Harry running down the stairs into the common room and wrapping her in a tight hug, telling her that she was safe and that everything was going to be alright before she could calm down. He stayed with her even after she had calmed down, rubbing small circles on her back. "How long have you been having these nightmares?" He asked quietly.
"Ever since the train." Anna replied, her voice still a little bit shaky. "It's always the same: Lucy using the Cruciatus curse on me. You don't understand what it was like Harry. It hurt so bad, I've never felt anything like that. The pain was so bad that I thought it would drive me mad."
"I'm so sorry Anna." Harry whispered. "I should have been there."
"Harry, you couldn't have done anything." Anna looked up at him. "Even Cedric hadn't been able to stop her until she had already cast the curse."
"I'm your brother, it's my job to protect you."
Anna rolled her eyes. "Harry, you can't be with me every second of every day. You have a life apart from me, just like I have a life apart from you."
"Oh gee thanks." Harry said sarcastically. "You make me feel so special."
She lightly shoved him. "You know what I mean."
"I just don't want you getting hurt."
"Harry, I literally have an army of bodyguards that follows me everywhere I go."
"That's true." Harry admitted with a laugh. "You do have a small army."
"An army of people so stubborn that I could take over England if I wanted." Anna said as she laughed as well.
"Anna Potter, Queen of England." Harry pretended to shudder. "Now that's a terrifying thing to picture."
"Oh come on, I would make a great queen."
"Keep telling yourself that."
"I will punch you." Anna threatened, and Harry shielded his face. "You wouldn't hit someone with glasses!"
"I would if they were annoying enough." Both the twins burst into peals of laughter. Harry looked at his sister as he panted for breath. "I'm sorry, I wish that I could make the nightmares go away."
Anna shook her head. "I'm sure that they'll go away eventually." She stood up and stretched. "Sleeping on the couch was not a good idea."
Harry rolled his eyes. "You shouldn't have slept down here then."
"I was exhausted, I didn't have any choice."
"After classes today you should really try and get some rest." Harry urged her, and Anna sighed. "No promises." She went up to her dorm to get changed. Lavender and Parvati had already left, leaving just Anna and Hermione in the room. "I'm surprised you aren't downstairs with everyone else." Anna said as she slipped on her robes.
"I was waiting for you." Hermione answered as she straightened her tie. "Anna, are you sure that you're alright?"
Anna sighed. She couldn't hide it from her forever. "I've been having nightmares...about what happened on the train."
Hermione frowned. "Anna, why didn't you tell me?"
"I just didn't want you to worry about me."
"Anna, I'm always going to worry about you, you're like a sister to me."
"I'm sure that they'll go away in a few days." Anna said as they walked down the halls.
"And if they don't?"
"Then I'll go to Madame Pomfrey and get a sleeping drought. Mione, the only thing that can cure this is time."
"I suppose you're right." Hermione sighed as they walked into the Great Hall and sat down for breakfast. Anna grabbed some eggs, sausage, and fresh berries. She chatted with Ron as they ate; Ron told her that she and Harry should come over during the summer. "You can meet my parents and my little sister Ginny."
"Oh, I'd love that, and I'm sure that Harry would too."

After breakfast, Anna had Transfiguration with the Ravenclaws. As if doing second year Transfiguration work wasn't stressful enough, she had to do it with the smartest house. Realizing that she was running late, Anna jumped up and ran out of the Great Hall, which turned out to be a big mistake, because she had run out alone....

Anna was seconds from being late, and she had almost reached the classroom when someone grabbed her, covering her mouth so that she couldn't scream. She clawed and kicked, but it was no good, her attacker was bigger than she was, probably a sixth or seventh year. They blindfolded Anna, so she couldn't see where they had brought her, but it was freezing, so she assumed that they were in the dungeons somewhere. She was bound hand and foot before being shoved to the ground.
"Not so tough without your little bodyguards are you?"
The voice was muffled but Anna was sure that it belonged to Marcus Flint. She struggled against her bonds, but the ropes were done tightly, and she winced as they chafed her wrists. Marcus placed a hand on her cheek, causing Anna to freeze. "You shouldn't have gotten Lucy expelled." He said before smacking Anna's cheek hard, causing the girl to cry out in pain as her cheek began to throb. He smacked her again before gripping her tightly by her hair. "You caused her so much embarrassment and shame and now you're going to pay for all of it you little bitch." He kicked her in her stomach before shouting, "Crucio!"
The pain that she had had so many nightmares about filled her body once more, and Anna screamed in pain and terror, tears pouring down her face. He shouted the curse again before kicking her in the ribs which would be sure to be left bruised, if not broken. Anna prayed silently that someone, anyone, would find her, before it was too late.