Chapter 14

Anna screamed as Uther continued to torment and hurt her. It felt like fire was coursing throughout her body. She was still levitated in the air, hanging there like some kind of limp doll. She had to fight back, had to beat him somehow. But how? He was much stronger than she was, which meant that she would have to think her way out of this, like with Millicent Bulstrode. However, she didn't think that Uther would care about a hippogriff. This would take all of her cunning.
"You must think you're something special Uther, tormenting a kid like this without even giving them a chance to fight back against you."
Uther raised an eyebrow, seemingly surprised that she would have the audacity to mock him. "You want to fight? Fine." He lowered her onto the ground before tossing her a sword. "You want to fight, we're doing it my way, no magic involved."
Anna slowly picked up the heavy broadsword. She almost couldn't lift it up. Uther charged at her, and the battle began.

Two weeks, it had been two weeks since Anna had been brought to the hospital wing. Harry had found the Chamber of Secrets, had faced down Tom Riddle and saved Ginny. Now, however, his thoughts were all on his sister, who showed no sign of waking up anytime soon.
"We need to find the chamber that she was looking for." Hermione said. Hermione was back to full health by now, and ready to help her friend. "Maybe if we find the chamber, find whatever account she was talking about, it might help her with the battle in her mind."
"What are we waiting for then?!" Ron demanded, and Hermione rolled her eyes. "It's not that easy Ronald! We don't even know where to start looking."
"We better get started then." Harry said. "We may be the only chance that Anna's got."

Anna was only barely able to defend herself against Uther's endless attacks. She was starting to tire, but she knew that if she gave up now, she would be a goner, and she had the feeling that if she lost she wouldn't be waking up. She needed to find some way to trick him, but how? Suddenly an idea came to her. Uther was ruthless, but he also had an extraordinarily big ego. If he had been a wizard, Anna could see him in Slytherin.
"You really think you're something don't you?" Anna jumped away from his next attack. "Well let me tell you something Uther. You're weak, pathetic."
"Shut up!!" Uther swung at her with his sword. "I am stronger than you could ever hope of being-"
Suddenly a voice echoed throughout the clearing. "Please wake up..."
Anna immediately recognized the voice as Fred's.
"Anna, I know that you probably can't hear me, but you need to wake up, we all need you here."
"There's also one thing that I have that you don't." Anna said as she looked at Uther, who scoffed. "What could you possibly have that I don't?"
"Family. Love." Uther may have loved his son, but it seemed that he loved power even more. "I have people who love me and that's all that I really need." Anna lunged at Uther with a newfound strength, the battle on once more.

"Of course!!" Yet another three days had passed, and Hermione and the boys were in the library. "I found it!" Hermione ran out of the library without even gathering her things, and the boys scrambled after her, running halfway around the castle before they came to a dark hallway.
"Is...is this it?" Ron asked somewhat nervously, and Hermione nodded. "Yes, I believe so. Lumos!" Her wand tip lit up, and they slowly walked down the hallway.
"This is bloody creepy." Ron muttered, and Harry nodded. "The sooner that we get out of here, the better."
A ghost floated up to them. This ghost was a female, with a long, medieval style dress. "Why are you here?"
"We're here to retrieve Merlin's account." Hermione said bravely, and the ghost looked at her. "Only the Chosen One may retrieve the account, and none of you are the Chosen One." She waved her hand, and the trio suddenly found themselves back in the library.
"Well that bloody well worked didn't it?" Ron muttered. "What did she mean, 'The Chosen One'?"
"Anna was chosen to wield Adriana's wand." Hermione answered. "She must be the only one who can get Merlin's account."
"So that means she's on her own then." Harry said glumly, and Hermione nodded. "We just have to hope that she's strong enough to survive."

Anna was fighting with a newfound fervor, and Uther was finding himself retreating a bit. "No...you won't defeat me! I will not be defeated by a CHILD!"
"But that's exactly what's happening." Anna said with a smirk. Uther stumbled and fell, and Anna pointed her sword at his throat.
"Go on!" Uther snarled. "Do it!!"
"Father..."
Anna turned and her eyes widened. Arthur Pendragon stood there. "Enough. Enough blood has been spilt."
"Arthur...." Anna withdrew her sword, allowing Uther to stand up.
"Arthur..." Uther said. "My son..."
"I will not let you kill this child." Arthur continued. "Our family name has enough blood on it, I will not allow more to be spilled." He looked down at Anna. "What I did all those years ago in that village...I deeply regret. I know that apologies cannot even begin to cover it, which is why you must live and find Merlin's account and clear Adriana's name."
"Arthur!" Uther shouted in protest. "They are witches! Everything that we are against!"
"No Father." Arthur gave him a steely look. "They're everything YOU'RE against. You poisoned my mind. You lied to me!"
"It was witches that killed your mother!"
"That does not make them all evil Father!" Arthur snapped. He motioned for Anna to come to his side, and she quickly did so. "Many of them are kind and good. Anna has spent the past two years of her life trying to clear the name of Adriana, a woman that she doesn't even know, merely because she knew that Adriana was innocent. I will not let you hurt this child."
In a rage, Uther surged forwards, and Arthur withdrew his sword, piercing his father's chest. Uther fell, immediately turning to ash. Arthur then turned to Anna. "I truly am sorry for the dress of both myself and my father. But now it is time for you to wake up. Find Merlin's account, clear Adriana's name."
Anna nodded. "I will. I promise. And Arthur....thank you."
Arthur smiled and he started to fade away. "No....thank you."

Anna awoke with a gasp.
"Anna!" Fred cried happily, but she paid him no attention. She leapt out of bed, grabbing her wand from the table next to her bed, running until she reached that dark hallway. Like the others before, she came upon the female ghost.
"You are the Chosen One." The ghost said, and Anna nodded. "Yes...yes I am."
There was a rumbling sound, and one of the walls began to part, revealing a dark staircase leading downwards.
"More trials await you." The ghost said. "If you are truly the Chosen One, then you shall pass them with ease. If not....then your body shall remain there for all eternity."
"Great." Anna muttered as she made her way to the staircase. "No bloody pressure then." She took a deep breath before slowly making her way downwards.