Chapter 16

In the end, Anna made front page news with her discovery. She and Harry went to Dumbledore, and Anna showed him the parchment. Dumbledore said that he would put the parchment in a display case for all to see. Once the Ministry found out, they posthumously cleared Adriana of all wrongdoing. Molly sent Anna a letter, partly saying how proud she was of her, and partly saying how she shouldn't have gone on such a dangerous task. Pansy,of course, was trying to insist that it was all a lie and the only reason why Anna made it up was to get attention. There were only a few Slytherins that heeded her words, since Blaise came to Anna's defense in the matter. Final exams came, and Anna was relieved to find out that she had passed them all. She had even received an 'Exceeds Expectations' in Potions, much to her surprise.
"I think you're turning into Hermione." Ron joked, and he was then smacked hard on the arm by Hermione. Anna sent a wink Hermione's way. "That's not always such a bad thing."
A woman from The Daily Prophet named Rita Skeeter came to interview Anna, but she was less interested in Adriana, and more interested in what it was like to be the twin sister of someone so famous.
"We aren't here to talk about Harry." Anna told her firmly. "We're here to talk about Adriana, and if you try to change the topic again then your paper isn't going to get a story at all, I'll just send my story to The Quibbler."
A Ravenclaw student, a blonde haired girl named Luna Lovegood, it turned out that her father owned a paper as well. Anna loved Luna. Sure the girl was considered a bit odd to some people, but Anna thought that she was very sweet, and it didn't take long for the two to become friends, much to the distaste of all the people that likes to give Luna trouble. One thing they quickly learned about Anna....if you bully her friends, you can expect to be hexed when she found out. Anna wound up having to carry out her threat to Rita, not that the woman cared. She still managed to make a story about how Anna had been jealous of Harry's fame and popularity and felt like she had to make a name for herself. Luna's father, Xenophilius, however, was only too happy to publish Anna's story. He was as quirky as Luna was, Anna found it quite endearing. She sat with Luna on the train ride back, and occasionally someone popped their head in. Harry once, Fred another. Anna and Fred were no longer distant towards each other. While he was still seeing Angelina, he had realized when Anna had been unconcious how much their friendship truly meant to him.
"It's about time he saw sense." Luna said. "I could see how miserable you both seemed to be without each other."
Anna blushed at this. "I missed him." She admitted. "I missed him a lot."
"Well that much was obvious." George plopped down next to her. "It's all Wood's fault you know."
"What do you mean?" Anna asked, furrowing her brows. "What's Oliver got to do with any of this?"
"He knew about Fred's crush on you. Told him to 'forget all about Potter', as it were. Only Fred started going out with Angelina and kind of made things worse between the two of you."
"Let me get this straight. Wood is the reason why Fred distanced himself from me?"
"Yup."
Anna chuckled in a low voice. "Oh Wood is gonna get it."
George grinned at her. "Mind if I watch?"
"The more the merrier."
"I'll come along too." Luna said. "This will be interesting to watch."
Anna stormed into Wood's compartment. "Now you listen here, Oliver Duncan Wood!" She shouted, and the others in the compartment chuckled, glad to see that they weren't the ones to be facing her wrath.
"The next time that you think one of your players doesn't have their mind on Quidditch, you don't tell them to distance themselves from one of their friends!"
"N-now Potter..." Oliver said nervously. "Calm down, I didn't exactly say-"
"Oh no? Then pray tell, what did you mean by telling him to 'forget all about Potter'?"
Oliver's eyes widened. "How did you-"
"That doesn't matter. You may be the Captain of the Quidditch team, bit that doesn't mean that you get to dictate your players lives, saying who they can and cannot hang out with. You have no idea how bloody miserable I was. Fred is one of my closest friends, and have him just blatantly ignore me felt like a knife in the heart. You better not do anything like that again Wood, or else I'll hex you with something that will last for weeks. Do I make myself perfectly clear?"
Oliver nodded, too scared to actually say anything, and Anna smiled at him before turning on her heel and walking out, Luna and George following her.
"That was bloody brilliant!" George laughed. "I have never seen Wood that terrified since...well, I don't think that I've ever seen him that terrified."
Cedric walked up to them. "I heard a commotion, is everything alright?"
Anna grinned. "Yeah, I was just yelling at Oliver."
"Ah." He didn't really understand, but he decided that maybe it would be better if he didn't ask any questions. "You ready for summer?"
"God yes." Anna sighed. "I'm ready for a break from school, trolls, and evil spirits."
"Knowing you, something else is going to happen." Cedric laughed, and Anna clapped a hand over his mouth. "Don't say that! You'll jinx it!" Anna then shrieked as Cedric licked her hand, which she quickly withdrew. "Cedric Diggory, that is absolutely disgusting!"
She pouted as Cedric and George both began to laugh.
"I talked to Father." Cedric said once he had finished laughing. "He said that if you want to, you can come and visit sometime this summer."
"That would be great." Anna said. "Let me talk to Mum and Dad..." She trailed off. She wondered what her real parents would say about Anna calling the Grangers Mum and Dad.
"Anna?" Cedric frowned slightly. "You alright?"
She shook her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let me ask the Grangers and I'll let you know."
"Alright, sounds good."
When they disembarked at King's Cross, Anna hugged Harry before he left with the Dursleys. She sighed as she watched them walk off, she genuinely worried about Harry when he was with them.
"I'm sure that he'll be fine." Hermione assured her. "It's just for a couple months."
Anna nodded. She was right, Harry would be fine. She smiled as she went over to Mrs. and Mr. Granger, ready for another fun filled summer with her new family, wondering what the next year would have in store for her.