Chapter 19

November came, and with it, the cold weather that announced winter was quickly approaching. Winter was Anna's least favorite time of the year. "I swear, one of these days I'm just going to pack up and move to Hawaii." She grumbled to Hermione one chilly Saturday morning. This Saturday happened to be the first Quidditch match of the season, and consequently, Harry's first game. It was Gryffindor against Slytherin, and Anna hoped they pummeled them. Harry, needless to say, was very nervous. Anna tried to calm him down at breakfast. Harry being the Gryffindor Seeker was supposed to have been kept a secret, so naturally everyone knew about it. "You'll do fine Harry."
"But what if I don't? What if I screw up? Or make the team lose?"
"Harry, worrying about the what-ifs won't help you. If anything, that's what's going to cause you to screw up."
Harry nodded as he took a deep breath. "Are you coming to watch the game?"
"Of course I am." Anna answered with a grin. "I wouldn't miss my little brother's first Quidditch match."
"I'm only seven minutes younger than you!"
"Still makes you younger." Anna replied in a sing-song tone. "I gotta have something to hold over you. I can't use height." Harry was three or four inches taller than she was, something he was quick to use over her, so Anna had been ecstatic when Hagrid had told them that Anna had been born seven minutes earlier than Harry.
"Harry." Oliver Wood, the Captain of the Quidditch team, came over and whispered something in Harry's ear. "I've gotta go." Harry said to Anna, who nodded. "See you later, Harry. Good luck at the game."

After breakfast Anna went back to her dorm to go and get ready. She shrugged on her cloak, and wrapped her red and gold scarf around her neck. "I really hope that Gryffindor wins," she said to Parvati. "Just so that I can rub it in Malfoy's face." Malfoy hadn't bothered her since the incident with Cedric, but he wouldn't stay away forever. Anna walked down to the Quidditch pitch with Hermione and Ron. Anna grinned as Hagrid made his way through the crowd over to them and had a seat beside them. "How are you Hagrid?" Anna asked.
"Good, how's Harry feelin'? I imagine he mus' be nervous."
"He was, but I think that he'll do alright."
The game began, and Anna found herself cheering along with everyone else. Suddenly she screamed as Marcus Flint rammed into Harry, almost knocking Harry off of his broom. "That son of a -" Hagrid clamped his hand over her mouth. "None of that now. Look, he's righted himself now." But Harry continued to have problems. Anna frowned as his broomstick continued to buck. It was as if Harry had lost control of his broom. Anna looked around, and her gaze landed on Professor Snape, who was muttering under his breath. She knew he didn't like Harry, but did he hate him enough that he would jinx his broom? Anna nudged Hermione. "Look." She mumbled as she discreetly pointed to Snape.
"You don't think that he's messing with Harry's broom?" Hermione gasped. "Although...I suppose that's the most likely reason. I can't see any other reason why his broom would be bucking like that."
Anna gasped as Harry's broom started rolling over and over. "We have to do something, before he falls off of his broom!"
"Leave that to me." Anna watched as Hermione crept over to Snape before she turned her eyes back to Harry. He was speeding towards the ground, and he looked like he might be sick. He hit the field, got on all fours, and coughed up something tiny and yellow. Anna's eyes widened as she realized that it was the Golden Snitch. Everyone started telling and all the Gryffindors flooded out onto the pitch. They had done it, they had won the game.
"I told you that you could do it Harry!" Anna had to shout to make herself heard. Ron and Hermione stared herding Harry off towards Hagrid's hut for a cup of hot tea and Anna had been about to follow when she heard Flint talking about Harry. "Complete rubbish. He shouldn't be allowed to catch it in his mouth. They're just allowing it because he's Harry freaking Potter."
"I'll catch up with you guys later," Anna muttered to Hermione, who looked worried. "Don't do anything that will get you into trouble Anna."
"Don't worry about me, I'll meet you guys at Hagrid's." Anna stormed over to Flint. "You're just jealous because Harry's more talented than you!" Flint rolled his eyes. "Please. Why would I be jealous of your puny brother?"
"Oh, I know why."
Anna internally groaned as Draco came sauntering up. "Flint must be jealous of the fact that you and Harry have no family that actually cares about you." That struck a nerve. Anna's hands curled into fists. "Shut up Malfoy!"
"Aw, is the little girl gonna cry?" Draco sneered. "Even if your parents were still alive they probably would have dumped you. Who would want someone as pathetic as you?"
"I said shut up!" Anna launched herself at Draco, punching and hitting wherever she could reach. "Anna!" Fred and George pulled her off of the blonde, who was now clutching a bloody nose. "You're going to pay for that, Potter!" Flint snarled as he helped Draco up.
"Let's get you out of here." Fred muttered to Anna, who struggled against them for a moment. "Come on, George urged. "You don't want to be around here when they fetch Snape."
Eventually she let them tug her away. Anna struggled to keep the tears at bay, but when they reached the common room, she finally let them fall. The twins immediately wrapped her into a hug. "Don't listen to what Draco or any of them say." Fred murmured. "They're jealous."
"What could they possibly be jealous of?" Anna sniffled as she wiped away her tears. "I'm nothing special."
"Oh come on." George scoffed. "Don't lie to yourself. There's lots of things that are special about you. For one thing you're a whiz at Transfiguration." It was true. Anna seemed to have a knack for it. McGonagall was even considering having her take the same lessons as the second years. Anna gave them a small smile. "What would I do without you guys?"
"Die a slow and agonizingly painful death." Fred piped up, and Anna laughed. "Have you always had such big egos?"
"If you ask our mum she'll tell you that we were born with them."
"Somehow that doesn't surprise me." Anna giggled. They always  knew just the right thing to say to make her feel better. She felt so lucky to have them in her life, and she would do whatever it took to make sure that they stayed in it.