Chapter 1 A Somber Home Coming

Cover made by ladyarchangel74

Selene Clearwater was entering La Push Reservation. It had been a long time since she had been home. She had spent most of her time in New York after discovering who her true father was. But now, after nearly seven years away from the reservation, Selene was called home for the funeral of her adoptive father, Harry. Selene parked her car down by First Beach and got out. She took a deep breath and sighed. Her sea-green eyes were scanning the horizon. It felt good to be home, even if it was for a somber reason.

Selene stood by the shore with her hands in her pockets, staring out towards the sea. A sense of calm came over her; she always felt that way when she was close to the ocean. Selene sighed and walked back to her car, getting in Selene drove down to the Clearwater house. Upon arriving, she found that the house was packed with people. Harry had died of a heart attack a few days earlier, and the funeral was going to be held the following day.

Selene parked her car and walked towards the house. She could hear people whispering as she walked into the house. Some wondered who she was; others couldn't believe it was Selene after not seeing her for seven years. Selene made her way into the living room where her mother Sue was sitting with her half-siblings, Leah and Seth. The first person to notice her was her uncle Lucas.

"Little Moon?" Lucas asked.

Selene smiled at her uncle and hugged him. Sue turned around and saw her oldest daughter. Sue's eyes filled with tears, she stood up and hugged her daughter, "Selene, I didn't think you were going to be able to make it."

"Of course, Mom. Harry may not have been my biological father, but he loved and raised me like I was his."

Leah got up and hugged her older sister, "Selene, I'm so happy to see you. How are you, how are things back East?"

"I'm good, Leah and things back East have finally settled down. I don't think I'll be going back for a while. I'm so sorry about Dad."

Leah sniffled, "Yeah, so am I. I'm glad you're going to be staying here for a while."

"Thanks, so am I."

Seth stood by waiting for Leah to move so he could hug his half-sister. He hadn't seen her since he was seven when she was sent to a private school back East by her biological father. But, in the time that she had been gone, Seth had kept in touch with her the whole time, and Selene would always send him birthday and Christmas presents. The minute Leah let go of Selene, Seth lunged for her sister. Selene smiled as her little brother crashed into her.

"Selene, I'm so happy to see you!" Seth said.

"Oh, Seth, I'm happy to see you too. I only wished it wasn't like this. But look at you, you've grown into a good looking young man." Selene said as she held Seth away from her to get a better look at him. Selene hugged Seth again, "How are you holding up, Kiddo?"

Seth shrugged, "I'm okay, I guess. I miss Dad."

"I know you do, Seth me too. What exactly happened," Selene asked.

"We were hunting some wolves when Harry had a heart attack," Someone said behind Selene.

Selene turned around and looked at Chief Swan. She remembered that he was Harry's best friend. Selene walked towards Charlie and hugged him, "How are you holding up, Charlie?"

"Alright, Selene, it's good you were able to make it for the funeral."

"Thank you, Charlie, and thank you for helping my family."

Charlie smiled and patted Selene on the shoulder. Selene then hugged Billy and Old Quil. After she greeted the Elders, Selene was embraced by Sam, he looked at Selene and smiled. "It's good to see you again, Selene."