Chapter 2//Crash or Crush

"Harley baby~"

The mentioned rolled her eyes in annoyance. Even in the library, those people just won't leave her alone. Skipping footsteps approached her table and she already knew who was it.

"What do you want, Lucas."

Harley huffed and pinched her nose bridge, getting ready for her daily 'treatment'. Lucas reached and swung his arm over her shoulders, pulling her closer. Harley kissed her teeth and shrugged it away before glaring at the boy.

"Feisty, I love it"

Lucas growled disgustingly. The library was supposed to Harley's peaceful paradise where she spend her alone time quietly with her books and music but that will be impossible when every dude in the university flirt with her 24/7.

"Go away, Lucas. You're disturbing me."

Harley moved to another, away from the desperate male but that wasn't enough to shoo him away as he inched closer again.

"Oh come on baby, just one night. I promise you that you will lov-"

"STOP LUCAS JUST STOP!"

Harley's outburst startled the male as she jolted of her seat with clenched fist. It might be other hoe's dream to have guys all over them like that but to Harley, it's a nightmare.

She couldn't live a day without constant cat calls or disgusting stares that made her sick. She couldn't even make friends without having them using her for fame or sex. It was all absolute repugnance to her.

"If you're not leaving, then I am!"

With that, Harley stomped out of the library not forgetting to grab her favorite books. She's a nerd after all.

Her stomping slowed down to a stroll as she approached the park in front of her apartment. She doesn't usually walk by here just to escape the gawks but today she need some fresh air to keep her calm.

The park was rather quiet compare to the noisy cat callings from morning. It was afternoon which is a busy day for the town so no one was hanging around. She plugged in her earphones as she wander around the park, distracting herself from her hectic live.

All she wanted to live a normal life, study hard, make nice friends and find love. Love. She wondered what's like to have someone love you despite your looks and body. She do appreciate the good look she was gifted but always despise the cost of having it.

Without her knowing, tears begun to swell up in her eyes before slowly rolling down her red cheeks. The memories of her childhood surfaced again. All the betrayals, fake friends, lustful love. Why can't they love me....

"WATCH OUT!"

Her head shot up at the scream but her blurry vision only saw a approaching figure before the impact strikes.

Harley landed on her butt harshly and her elbow scratched the hard stone ground. She hissed painfully feeling the gush of pain from her butt and bleeding elbow. She slowly sat up after regaining her strength and lifted her elbow for inspection before blowing at the open wound to calm the burning sensation.

"OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T-"

The nervous voice halted when she looked up. It was a blonde boy who looked around her age. Hooded eyes, straight nose, puffy cheeks but sharp jawline and plump lips. No doubt he was a handsome boy in her eyes but then again, he's probably gonna betray like anyone else so what's the point of getting to know him.

"It's okay, just a scratch"

She decided to stand up herself seeing the boy still stunned for whatever that she doesn't care. She dusted her jeans and collected her book while pouting as she had dirtied them.