Chapter 37// Half Dada

"Sorry....Excuse me...Har- Sorry..."

He struggled to keep up with the disappearing figure that slipped through the crowd with ease but tp his dismay, he was all caught up with his apologies for crashing into the crowd.

Sweat ticked down his shirt and washed over his face as he tried to catch up with the bolting figure. He never knew her legs could work like and he face palmed himself for not having his skateboard underneath his feet.

The once crowded area gradually turned more spacious as they stepped into the private compound owned by the university but he still found it difficult to match her dashing pace.

"Baby slow down! Harley!"

The yelled girl turned back and saw her boyfriend almost dragging himself to her. She moved quickly to him and grabbed his hand before started bolting again with the drained boy wobbling behind her but he was somehow her last concern at the moment because her heart was hammering not from the racing she just did but from the phone call she got from Casey.

She raced down the familiar hallway before entering into the large gym room, filled with rows of booth that were almost done and some even displayed at its finest. She zoomed passed the booths to where hers was located, only to have nothing but disaster in sight.

Harley's hand let go of Jimin's and rushed to the sobbing vice president who stood among ripped banners, crashed crafts and scribbled posters. It was a view that Harley didn't want it to be real which is why she rushed to Casey instead of letting her brain process the wrecked booth.

"Casey! Casey what happe-"

"Destroyed! Everything! They tore off everything we did, Harley! EVERYTHING"

Harley flinched at Casey's outburst. The girl was known for her soft and gentle character and for her to yell and sob hysterically like that means that the mess around Harley was indeed real.

She reached over and pulled the vice president into her comforting embrace and let her sob into her shoulder while she takes in the surrounding.

Crumbled papers and bits of the fractured figures scattered all round the booth, torn poster with scribbles on them, banners were spray painted and ripped. It was chaotic.

Her teary eyes slowly dragged up to her boyfriend who was glaring at the messed up booth with piercing gaze. His burning eyes softened upon landing on Harley's glistering ones before mouthing 'wait for me here' and dashed off. The girl wanted to follow him but she couldn't left the crying vice president in her arms alone so she stayed there.

——————

It's been three hours since the members were informed of the destruction and the whole club have been working non-stop to at least get the posters back on even without the crafts to present the stories. And it's also been three hours since Jimin's disappearance and Harley couldn't stop staring at the entrance of the gym, hoping to see her boyfriend strolling in but nothing.

"I'm going to fix this. I'll see you tomorrow, baby"

Was all he told her on the phone and by the serious tone he used, Harley told herself to leave him to his business for now although her mind kept straying off to the boy, worrying about him.

She tried taking her mind off and glanced around her. The mess was cleaned up and now all the members were on the floor redoing the posters while some were out buying more supplies. She instructed them to focus on presenting the stories and worry about the crafts later. Harley and Casey helped to set reset the entire booth, with all the tables, banners and decorations.