Chapter 21// Painting Wine

Harley stay planted on her ground with eyes fixed on the disappearing figure. Her heart clenched at the hunched boy as he speed walked away, leaving her alone under the street lights.

The dimly lit street was her last worry because her mistake of not accepting the boy seemed to occupy her mind. But she couldn't bring herself to do it, she just couldn't and he didn't need to know why.

A faint chuckling and stumbling footsteps sounded behind her but the girl had her eyes glued to the way Jimin left. The noises came closer but the girl was lost in her staring trance.

Suddenly a hand landed heavily on her shoulder causing her to jump in shock. She whipped her head around only to see her drunken best friend who was frowning at her.

"W-What are you- doing here alone? A-Aren't you on a date with that punk- I mean *hiccups* Park?"

Hoseok slurred his words out with hooded eyes that struggled to stay open. Although he's drunk, he was fully conscious with his emotions especially the one that burns when he thought of his best friend with Park Jimin.

Harley's eyes dulled at the mention of the boy and lowered her head to look at the box she was holding. Hoseok frowned deeper as he begun lazily scanning around.

Upon realizing Harley's situation, the fact she's being left alone, Hoseok snapped back and became sober when his anger boiled in him. He grabbed her shoulders to face him. Harley was startled by his sudden act and also his furious expression.

"He fucking left you, alone, at this time, in this fucking dark street?"

He seethed through his gritted teeth with nostrils flared. He was staring to push himself to be fond of the new guy friend of Harley but right now he just want to break the boy's nose for leaving his best friend alone like this.

Harley blinked and nervously gulped. She was in dilemma and fighting with herself over weather she should lie or tell the truth. If she lie, he will know because she's the worst lier and that will upset her best friend even more but if she tell the truth he will, no doubt, beat the shit out of Jimin.

Even after what her have done, she still care about him and she knows how bad Hoseok's beating can be because....he beat her up before when she ate all his homemade kimchi.

"ANSWER ME! DID HE FUCKING LEAVE YOU HERE?!"

He aggressively shook her shoulders and yelled in her face. Harley was scared of her best friend's outburst and slowly nodded, feeling the sting in her eyes as tears begun to surface.

When she nodded, Hoseok grabbed her by her wrist, determined to beat up the boy. As she struggled again his grip, he became irritated and turned back to scold her but stopped when his eyes met her pleading ones.

"Please Hobi....I just want to go home...."

She hugged the gift closely to her chest with watery eyes. Hoseok's grip softened and he sighed before nodding.

—————

"If you need anything just call me, okay?"

Hoseok tenderly patted Harley's head before leaving the house. The door closed and the girl immediately plopped onto her sofa. She sighed before glancing beside her to look at the box.

She lazily sat up and placed the box onto her lap. With one aggressive tear, she tore the wrapping paper open and revealed a cardboard box underneath it. She opened the box which had an unknown item wrapped in newspaper.

With another strong tear, she tore away the newspaper. A silent gasp left her lips when her teary met a work of an art.

The vase was painted with hues of blue and pink with white spots to give that clouds like features. The colors were so well blent that it looked as if it's splash of one color. But that wasn't what caught her eyes. It was the large portrait of her just like the one he did with the canvas but this time she had wings. Her dress with white with a golden flower crown on her head.