Chapter 63// Ghosted

"How do- wait what? But it's the same packaging!"

"Okay wait so it's the salt or the pepper first? Or add them at the same time?"

"How much is a pinch?"

For the past minutes, no, hours, Jimin was in a deep conversation with himself as the boy worked in the kitchen. He was speaking and answering himself like an idiot as he cooked his promised dinner for his beloved baby mama but realized western dishes might not be the best choice because the boy have gotten used to cooking Korean food that switching in such a short period of time may require Harley's help.

Eventually the boy got the hang of the English language and finally could read instructions to prepare an edible spaghetti but his conversation with himself hasn't ceased.

He drained the boiled spaghetti and drizzled it with garlic olive oil along with a pinch of chili flakes and parsley before mixing them. The aromatic of the aglio e olio spaghetti filled the small apartment and even sneaked out of the window. He twirled the noodles and did his best to present it on the wide white plates then finished it with sprinkles of black pepper and a parsley.

A content sigh left his lips as the boy admired his masterpiece which surprising wasn't a painting this time but a homemade pasta for his love. He rushed to check the boiling tomato soup that he had phoned Mr Park for help and got yelled at for chopping the tomatoes in cubes. The red soup let out a huge puff of steam that attacked his face and made him coughed but he still smiled at the savory smell of it and how it turned out.

Jimin wiped his hands and glanced at the clock, realizing Harley's class just ended and he had to get washed up before she comes home. He went to take a cold shower after spending heated hours in the kitchen with fire and summer heat that caused him to sweat like crazy. Hands raking his scalp with soap bubbling between his fingers, water flowing down his tamed body, Jimin was putting more effort into his grooming tonight, maybe because he have planned an unexpected date for Harley.

The shower stopped and he dried himself with a towel before exiting the bathroom half naked and a towel wrapped around his waist. As Jimin was drying his hair, a knock sounded from the door. A slight panic tugged his heart at the thought of Harley returning home too soon when the kitchen was still a mess but upon realizing that the girl would face his toned abs once he opened the door got him all cocked up.

Maybe we can skip dinner....

Jimin bit his lips before he strolled to the door with a smug face and a smirk, preparing to welcome his girl with the body she loves. However the knock didn't happen twice and went silent. When he opened the door, Jimin was faced with an empty hallway with no shadow at all. The boy frowned and tilted his head forward to check the hallway again but from one side to another, there was no one at all. Disappointment caused him to sigh and went back in and closed the door.

He glanced down at his watery abs that he knew Harley couldn't resist. His shoulders slumped and lips pouted as he begun to miss his pregnant babygirl. With all the sudden sadness, Jimin decided to call her. The call was put on speaker while he continued to dry himself up and put on a hoodie and ripped jeans. The clothings quickly slipped onto him, not wanting to miss a beep from the call which eventually ended with another woman's voice that sent him into voicemail.

"Hi this is Harley. I might be busy at the moment but I'll get back to you as soon as possible or you can try calling my boyfriend, Park Jimin!"

His teeth tugged his lips as he blushed upon hearing the last part of the voicemail but his smile died as worry creeped into his heart. The time shown on his phone after the call ended was the time he should be expecting her knocking lively and jumped into his embrace when he opened the door her door.