Chapter 36// Fix the Heater

The smell preach and vanilla graced upon her nose as she snuggled deeper into the soft cushion. The chilly duvet engulfed her body with warmth yet gapped to let the cool air brush against her skin.

She hummed as she dug deeper into the paradise-like comfort that lulled her to drift off even further. The tranquil darkness cradled her curled sleeping figure as it sang her lullaby. With cloud like comfort, smoke and high pitch screaming- wait what?

"AHHHH SHITTTT"

Harley snapped her eyes open at the tearing scream that somewhat resembled a dying raccoon and also at the thick smell of smoke that bothered her breathing. She didn't waste a second breath before springing out of her heavenly bed and raced out of her bedroom only to have her breathing stuck again but this time was due to the eye twitching sight of her kitchen.

Oily pans and dirty utensils scattered all over the sink with running water perhaps hoping to get rid of stains. Opened bottles of sauces and packages of food displayed messily on the kitchen island. Don't even get started on the burning stove and loud sizzling that caused smoke to invade the kitchen and the living room as well. It was a complete chaos.

"Oh my crisis! PARK JIMIN!!!"

Harley didn't know weather she should be angry or worry or even turn on by the sight of her half naked boyfriend trying to blowing out the overheated stove with fire on it.

She dashed over and grabbed a bowl which she filled it with water from the running tap and splashed it onto the stove. She knew she might have damaged it with that but she brushed the blame onto her dear smartass boyfriend who literally set it on fire.

They watched in silence as the fire extinguished with a slight sizzling sound before Jimin's loud gulp broke through the cold air. He slowly turned to her side but Harley was already glaring at him. He flinched at her sudden huff that clearly indicated her last straw that was dangling.

"Care to explain the apocalypse in my kitchen here?"

Harley poked her tongue to the side of her cheek before rolling her jaw a little, a gesture she does when her insides are extremely aggravated and will be exploding at any given second.

"I-I was just trying to cook some breakfast for us...you know....like a "I'm sorry for fucking up last night" kind of breakfast, but-"

He stopped and scanned the hellish mess he caused around him and awkwardly chuckled. He might to work on his "I fucked up" apologies better.
He hid one of his arm at the back while another one drew circles on the table. Being afraid of meeting her burning gaze, he kept his head lowered and a slight pout while his eyes focused on his bare small feet.

"You could've asked for my help or even search it up on the internet and-"

Before Harley could finish her angry nagging, he slightly lifted his head and glanced at her with glistering puppy eyes. Her mouth immediately shut at the melting sight of his pleading eyes and she couldn't bring herself to scold him anymore and just bit her lower lip.

Last night he was all emotional and fluffy, the day before he was cheeky and letting her dominate him, the night before that day he was pounding her in the kitchen but today he was all puppy eyes and pouting while having his bare chest in front of her. What did I get myself into....