Chapter 65// Can't Wait to See You

The big spacious MVP suite seemed to have gotten quieter and only the faint beeps from the machine beside her filled the void but funny that none of the emptiness bothered her maybe because the abyss in her mind and heart have yet close up.

The world around her was anticipating for her eyes to blink opened only to have them burnt in hot tears. When those spearing words came out as guilty whispers from her lover, it was a depth of despair she had yet to verbally expressed it. Which was why Harley chose to bury herself deep into the white hospital bed that she had been laying on since weeks after the tragedy.

Additional to her already devastating state, she found herself craving for her lover's presence. The one she hasn't spoken to much because of the tension between them. Both couldn't get to shore with their constant swimming in the ocean of grief and tears. She didn't want to speak much but she didn't want to ignore him either. The absence of him only boosted the stinging ache in her pained heart.

Too bad Harley couldn't do much since the friend group plus Jimin were requested for the court trials and have been occupied with all the investigations and boring questionings. Frankly speaking, they couldn't do much either even if they visit the girl since all she did was nod and hum as a response. But who could blame her for being stone cold. The poor girl just lost not one, but two precious angels and that was enough to tear every last breath of joy from her.

As Harley was still staring at nothingness, a knock came from the door but she didn't give any respond since whoever knocked would enter either way. The door cracked open and revealed the doctor in charge with his assisting nurse whom have been taking great care of the patient since day one and also the one who have been comforting the girl as she too lost her child to a disease. Funny how your nurse could make you feel better than your love ones.

"You're up early, Harley"

The nurse smiled warmly as the doctor worked on the equipment since he couldn't really do much with the talking as Harley barely spare a glance at him so he let the nurse do the communicating.

Harley shifted a little before sitting up with her back leaning against the headboard. She gave the nurse a small nod and an insincere lift of her lips. The doctor was quick to finish with the examination and updated the patient's clipboard before leaving the two alone. He knew very well how the patient needed more comfort and tenderness to recover faster especially emotionally.

As the door closed, Harley let out a long sigh and closed her eyes, not really up for the consultation at the moment. She knew it's greedy and ungrateful of her to long for Jimin instead but she really needed him. Maybe she would talk more? Maybe she won't? Who knows? She just needed him.

The nurse read Harley like a book, maybe a mirror even. The gestures and expressions the girl displayed reminded her when she laid lifelessly on the bed, reminiscing her short days with her first born. She didn't want to bother the girl but the face Harley was making shown much disturbance as if she was finally craving for something or someone after days of ignoring everyone. The nurse gently patted Harley's covered knees, making the girl lazily opened her eyes.

"Anything you want to request, sweetie?"

With that warm motherly smile of hers, Harley couldn't resist the need to softened and melt. Finally, a genuine yet small grin tugged the girl's lips and decided to ask for the favor she have been itching to fulfill.

"Can you bring me to my boyfriend? I...I need him"

—————————

Harley couldn't quite remember what the nurse have told the doctor but somehow she was granted a half-day leave to bring the girl to her boyfriend who they have found out was at a nearby law firm building to settle the issue with his mother.