1

Stella's POV
    "Hmmp" I sighed lazily as I fell on the couch. Today's been a real busy day for me, especially at work... actually,this week's been hectic for me,going here going there,doing this and that cleaning different sections of offices at the tower.
  I worked as a janitress in the Ali Tower,owned by an arrogant jerk....sorry.... My boss, Gustavo Ali. Yeah I never really cared that I worked as a janitress despite the fact that I actually went to college and studied a good course, but wow I really earned a lot in this janitress thing and that made me care less about getting another job and plus i couldn't find a better option here in New York. I started this janitress of a thing two years ago,when I first moved here. I worked as an accountant in a bank back in London.
The pay wasn't much to brag about because it was a really low standard local bank,but I managed the little I earned. My family and I had to relocate because we all needed to move on. After the death of my father, we were stranded. My mom had to struggle to pay bills and some depts my father was unable to pay before he passed away. But we we're lucky because I had already finished college by then and my younger brother just graduated from high school,so we all tried to hustle to pay the remaining depts owed by my dad. We survived and with the remainder of our savings,we all moved here, New York, not so bad actually.
    Rrrrring rrring rrrring

"Uggggggh" I grumbled and picked up the house phone. "Hellllo" I sang to the caller
    " Yo sis,u home yet?"
I abruptly brought the phone from my ear and look at it and then placed it back to my ear.....I mean was that actually a question?
  "No I'm boarding a taxi back at Park avenue" I replied sarcastically
   " Oh! Really? Well then I'd like you to branch over at Kelly's kitchen and grab me a burger or something.....been craving for some veggies ever since breakfast" oh I hate my brother.....he always does this kinda stuffs...ugh Soo annoying
    "Ohhh u little brat...."
"I heard that"
"....sure you did, I actually said it for you to get me"
"Haha real funny weirdo" did he just call me to piss me or something?
  "Look Joey I'm not in the mood for any of this shit....."
    "Word sis I'm only after twenty" he cut me off but I decided to continue
   "Just got back and I'm really exhausted feel free to call someone else..okay?"
   "Ughhh..... alright Mommy junior"
Mommy junior?? Okay this Nick name thingy is getting too much I don't sound like a mom,or my mom
Eww
  "Don't call me that" was all I could say to defend myself,plus I was already used to being teased by him plus he never got tired of teasing and making fun of others,that's what makes him a special bro to me,plus in a way I feel like he learnt that from me, and now I can't just beat him cuz he's learnt more pick up insults from the street.
"Whatever" was all he muttered back what a twenty-one years old jerk.  
" Did you call me just to make fun of me?" I asked
  " Yeah and no at the same time.....uhmmm I'm spending the night at code's...you alright with that?
  "Yeah sure it's fine,besides I don't think I'll be home either" I heard a gasp from the line
  " Thats good for you sis, but be careful and be home early"
" Sure Dad" I rolled my eyes. For some reason, Joey has been protective of me and Mom and it's cute to know that he cares even when he says he doesn't "call Mom and let her know okay?"I asked
" Already did that plus she won't be home either. They have a book club, you know moms stuffs and all" he chuckled "boring right"
" Tell me about it" I grinned. Joey and I have always had this tight bond ever since. Yeah I know I'm only twenty four but since we were little, I always carried him along in whatever I did because we only had each other as siblings
   "Gotta go sis...catch you later"
"Byeeee" I sang from the line. " Lo..."
     Beeep ....
The call ended. He always felt embarrassed saying 'I love you too'  to mom and I in public, I totally understood but he always left me hanging.
    After having lunch and a quick shower, I rested a little bit before I headed out. I've never really thought of having a mee time alone. I always hanged with colleuges at work or Veronica-my bestie- but now she's a model and never really has time for hangs but we do meet each other once in a blue moon tho, but communicates on a weekly basis. Plus she's based in Atlanta.

     7pm
I dialed my mom's number,two rings and then she picks
  "Darling how are you? How was work? Are you oka..."
"Mom!" I yelled from the line. She was always bothered about every little thing,even if there was no problem at all. She's been like this caring mother who cared less about herself. I understand her and I also feel for her. Since she lost her husband, she has been Soo lonely, that's part of the reasons we moved from New Orleans because she had been really traumatized. Joey and I are still onto finding a fifty years old single guy...stupid right. "I'm fine, I'm good, work was alright. How are you?" I asked letting her know I was alright.
   "I'm good too,but I won't be coming home tonight, i have a book club with Lizzy and the ladies at her house. So I'll be spending the night" she sounded Happy and excited..I wonder why.
   "Okay Mom have fun"
"Yeah you too baby" she giggled and then continued "someone says you're going out tonight"...oh nooo....Joey told her.....for some reason I wonder why I told him in the first place,not as if I have a date or something , I'm just going to have fun on my own.
" Yes Mom I'm going out,but I'm on my own" I defended
  "Yeah sure you are" was all she said. She obviously didn't believe me
I chuckled lightly "mom! Honestly,I'm just going to have some fun all by myself, you know?" I scratched the back of my head smiling a bit.
  "Yeah yeah I get it. Besides I'm just teasing you" she paused as someone yelled from the background to hurry up. I was sure it was aunt Lizzy. She and mom had been like sister's. Mom always hang out with her and her family.....nice people tho. "K stells I have to go...take care and I love youuuu byeeee" she hung up hurriedly before I could even reply.
   Tonight I was going to get wild, tonight I was going to drink,but not to stupor...I wasn't stupid or something. I'm usually a bit conservative in my work jump suit,and that's like what I wear from morning till after my shift at work. Tonight I was going to try and look sexy, dressing quite noticable,I was going to be dating.
  I walked up to the mirror and admired myself. My heart clapped for me, I was going to try to flirt with some guy tonight.