22

Gustavo's POV

   Several eyes stared as i walked into the building, obviously awear that the workers knew about the type of person i was tagged to be by their boss. Aggressively arrogant freak!

   I didn't want mind one bit as I held my head up high and kept walking with my secretary beside me as we both approached the elevator, heading straight to the top floor.
  'Great!'  I sighed nastily as the elevator door opened and I came face to face with my opponent; James Carter Sanchez , a business competitor for the past five years.  My business was toiled with by unknown workers, who leaked ideas on the forerun of my company that I decided to let some people go. This past two years had been tough for me, starting from works to relationships. I haven't even had time to treat myself.

    I diverted his gaze and walked briefly out of the elevator and gestured for him to lead the way into the conference room. I didn't even want to look him in the eyes, and the only reason this Meeting is being held is for a quick merch on our resources, which is going to be a big ups for myself and my company because I have more resources than they do.

     "Mr Novak...." I heard a soft but very familiar feminine voice "....the files are ready!"
    I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. It was Stella. After all these years, I've found her. I stared at her but she didn't realize that I was the one standing 10ft away from them.
    My excitement immediately turned to anger. She worked for him?? So things went bad on my part and then good on hers?  ' this has to be a joke '  I chuckled a little bit letting out a frustrated groan. My heart ached as I watched them, as I watched her adjust his tie. She still had that authoritative tone which I found very manipulative, but it just didn't work on me.
    "Gustavo! Shall we?"
Sanchez called as he led the way to the conference room.
     "Gustavo!!" I felt giddy all of a sudden as I heard her call my name with excitement. It brought back memories. I turned but was a little too late ; she hugged me.
    I was taken aback then slide my arms around her waist; wishing the hug won't end, I held her tighter than ever. I really missed her company.
     "Uhmm.....I think you have a meeting to catch up with, don't you?" She asked as she broke to hug. My anger turned to happiness, joy!  But I remained calm and collected as we stepped into the conference room together.

      Throughout the discussion, I didn't hear a thing or rather, my head wasn't with them. I was focused on Stella as she jotted down notes on important things that was being said.
   'thank God I've got a secretary!'  my head exclaimed.
    Two years really did change her a lot. Our last meeting was a really akward one, and I never even knew I'd still get to see her after all.

  ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
     2 years ago.........

   I looked down at the figure I chased down the stairs with rough breaths. I wanted to be mad, but Rachel wasn't worth any form of sympathy from anyone.
   Panting, I reached forward but received a rough kick from the petit figure. 'Damn! Obviously a female!'  I muttered as i blocked the opening in between my legs to keep her from running; I was too stressed to go another Marathon.
   "Listen Gustavo I'm sorry for ...... whatever happened, I swear it was an accident "
  She said as she wiped her forehead.
I should have know it was her, but I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts to figure that out. 
   Now the question is, what is she doing here at closing hours? 
  "Uhmm....what..why are you here?" I struggled with the right words as she stood up.
  "Don't feel special, but I came to check up on you..." She paused with all sarcasm "plus I got fired from the coffee shop anyways." She looked up at me with a fixed smile.
  "So?..... you're here to tell me why?" I paused as she squeezed her eyebrows together in fury. "No no no. I don't think you understood me" I corrected my statement so she wouldn't misinterpret me and also for it not to get ugly. Arguing with her was fun, but I didn't want that, at least not now. "You missed me that's why you came back". I said trying to flush away whatever she saw or heard in the office, and I was glad when she softened a bit. I watched her chuckle calmly as she went back to her former position on the floor.
   "Soo...." She dragged mid sentence as she signaled me to sit beside her tapping the spot. I felt some type of way; giddy all of a sudden but I sat anyways. " I saw you" she silently muttered obviously not wanting to let out her laugh. I knew she saw me, but at this moment, I've got nothing to say; no comebacks, nothing! I stared at my hands and tried to think of nothing, but that didn't work.
    "Look, it's okay to be embarrassed, I really don't know how you feel, but I understand your situation...." She briefly paused, squeezing my palms gently. I felt alive all of a sudden; happy!
    I had nothing to say, so I muttered a "thank you" , gently gripping her hands. I really didn't want to let go, at least not now. Back then with Rachel I felt plain; but Now, with Stella, I felt a really tight congestion in my heart that was really...... undescribable.
    I was still confused as to why she was still in the building, and it obviously isn't to check up on me. I was so curious to ask, but I didn't want to destroy the moment.
    "I got a new job" she stated plainly, clearing my suspicion.
   "Really!?" I asked, trying to get an expression out of her and prolonging the topic.
   "Yeahh..." I paused and let go of my hands. To be honest, I suddenly felt empty. "....I filled an application for this random office thing about four months ago, and I received a letter of approval late this afternoon......before I got fired". She ended, trying to force a vibe -full tone.
    "So, why aren't you happy?.....I mean you got the job I guess you've always wanted then why down all because of the coffee thing?" I looked downwards towards her. The lights weren't bright enough for one to entirely see her face, but they were just right. I could feel her breath: soft and steady, unlike mine, rough.
    "I don't know why I was fired, plus Belle ignored me like I was some piece of trash" she paused and then continued almost immediately "....yeah sure i might be trash, but I still don't get what I did wrong tho."
  The creature baffeled me. Every normal female; well except she and Rachel -  would breakdown in tears or rather sink into depression or something like that, but hers was just an evil grin on her face while Rachel was a manipulative cheat.
    Besides that, Stella wasn't trash....owk well, her emotions were trash tho, but her personality wasn't. I got up and stretched a hand towards her direction.
   "Get up! Let's go get rid of your anger" I silently hoped she didn't decline my invitation but was glad when she held until me and got up.
    "It's rage precisely tho".
Yess!! She was getting back to the girl I met.
   "Either way" I replied with a wink, then we started our long journey up the stairs.

    ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

Present.......

   "Thank you all for your co-operation, especially you my good friend" Sanchez handed me his hand for a shake which I took with full chest. Although I didn't know a thing that went on Inside the room, I was certain my faithful sidekick took notes so I had nothing to actually worry about.
   I glanced over at Stella, only to find her giggling and holding hands with Sanchez, which obviously viewed that they were in some sort of relationship. My heart clenched into an invisible fist, ' that was supposed to be me ' , and all of a sudden I felt.......hurt. No other man had right to make her smile but me! Call me possessive: not like it mattered to me, but in my head she was mine.
    With tight fist and a clenched jaw, I left the building, thinking of one thing. I had this feeling that I wasn't going to go back, but seeing Stella brought back tummy cramps.
   I was going to reconnect with Rachel.
   Stella's happy, so why won't I make myself happy too.

   A/N

Guys.......trust me when I say I'm truly sorry for for late updates, it's really not been easy. But I promise to keep coming tho.....I must finish this book, it's a must😅🤞🏾.
   Thank you Soo much for adding my work to your library, I'm just sooo grateful ❤️
Much love tho😃😃