9

Stella's POV

   'What the hell did I just do??!' I muttered as I walked down the street. 'Why on Earth did I have to loose myself!?'
   Now I regret ever slapping him 'in public' . If I didn't, I would've been back at the staff quarters, I don't know; maybe taking a coffee or something, resting, talking and laughing......"ughhhh! Stelz you just had to loose it in front of everyone, and now it's cost you your job!!" I sighed.
    I looked at my watch, it was some minutes past one. I figured it might still be a good day after all, that's if I find a little thing I can get doing till I secure a decent job. At least this might be an opportunity to work as an accountant or maybe a banker, who knows. I decided to try my luck at Starbucks, my favorite coffee shop and the most popular coffee shop around the area. It might not be Soo nice because it's just eight blocks away from The Devil's Advocate, I figured that I might as well as just avoid him for the time being, and if I come across him, I'd simply respect myself and walk away. Yup even I can't imagine I'd walk away, but I'd try. With that, I entered the store.

     **     **      **     **     **     **
Evening.....

   Ughhhh!
Who works on a first day of a job!! I can't believe it. It was fun, and at the same time surprising. Fun because on a new day, I earned tips, and surprising because they hired me immidiately, plus funny because I worked all day with my janitress uniform....I mean Ex janitress uniform. With that thought, I smirked. I can't believe the type of fun I've been missing out on. All my life since we moved into New York, I've been stressing myself waking up around five in the morning to come stress myself cleaning an imbecile's desk and after all the stress, my reward was to be accused for stealing an idiotic file!!!? The thought made me chuckle a little; it was a funny and annoying experience tho, but now, it's all in the past.
   It was 7:45, fifteen minutes after closure. Toby and I parted ways after locking and cleaning up the store. Toby was a fellow employee who worked at the cash register, he was the eldest among all three of us, myself, Bella and one other guy. He had a family , but It wasn't in my place to intrude at my first day of work here tho. Although I haven't met the other guy, but it sure seemed like Bella had a crush on him, not like I cared, but she seemed to be real disappointed he didn't show up to work today. The day started off bad, but it was still fun at the end.
    After several attempts to get a cab, I failed, so I decided to walk home after getting pizza. I felt my phone buzz from my overall, and realized I haven't checked it ever since I quit my job, rather I got fired. I pulled it out and went through the voicemails. Some were my mom, asking me to get groceries and the rest were my brother, asking where I'm at. Joey has always been this annoying little but fun bro. He's always cared,but pretended not to. I didn't reply any instead I stuffed it back into my pocket and kept walking. I was right blocks away from home when a car passed by and splashed dirty street water on me and the dinner. 'oh no!' was all I could mutter as the pizza dropped from my hands to the floor. Today was not on my side, not even one bit. I felt like screaming...noo! I was already screaming...internally tho. The car pulled to a halt and the driver came down from the car. It was a 2018 black Nissan Altima with tinted windows. "May I?"