16

A/N
To all my dedicated readers out there, this one's for y'all ❤️❤️
      **. **. **. **

   Gustavo's POV

  "Dude I've got to rush, I'm needed at home." Mark says to me in between unfinished meals.
  "Sure, see you later mahn"
With that he left.
  This restaurant was dope. I picked up the menu,  ' saint Bernado ' it read.
"Ooh fancy" I muttered out loud.

  Besides the access card event that happened earlier, I had nothing else doing. Just drove round looking for where to have breakfast.
  Something caught my attention as I leaned backwards on the really comfortable chair. I saw Miss Brooks, in a purple sleeveless dress It made her curves really visible, Maybe she had a date with someone, maybe business, or Maybe that guy.
  I reserved an inner balcony table, so I was some inches afar, but still above her....perfect.  She was alone in what seemed to be a giddy trance when a blonde guy holding a skinny brunette walked to her table and took a sit.
   Or maybe not her date?..... ' Thank God! '
....Either way, I wasn't sure.
   I noticed her face seemed Soo disappointed all of a sudden. Good for her, but what's the cause?
I leaned in closely and lucky for me, the balcony I was at was for a table only; that way it won't look like I'm a stalker or something. After some minutes, the waiter arrived with their food. The couple ordered a bloody king sized crab and I guessed it's without Miss Brooks concept because her facial reaction was priceless.
"I wonder the connection" I mumbled while still staring. It was like a movie, those kind where the lady expects the guy to ask her out or rather propose but instead brings a plus one to the event......hmm who knows.
  After an hour or so, the brunette left, and then the guy started having a conversation with Miss Brooks. From what I could tell, her eyes became soggy but not even a drop of tears came out. Tough chic I thought. I kind of felt bad for her, but then again I didn't even know what was going on; I just stared. If that guy was talking shit to her, she'd have retaliated......unless....
Ion know, maybe they have something? No no no.....he came with another chic......At some point her shoulders dropped and then the brunette came back then they left. I understood the whole situation, but from my own perspective tho.

   If anyone was to trash talk that woman, it should be me and no one else. I deserve to make her suffer, me and me alone; not some jerk she had a fling with, who later dumbed her for a skinny chic!! Now the only question in my head was.......why?  I watched her for another minute or so. After they'd left, she reached over for the crab and started pinching out of it with her fingers; she seemed like she didn't care anymore. I tried reaching unto the metal frame beside me and then my fork fell right onto her table and into the ice bucket of water that held unto the champagne with a light splash. I tried backing out but it was already too late, she must've noticed already. 
  "Oh shit!" I pulled back real quick so she'd think it was by accident. Seconds turned to minutes but no response. I expected her to react the way she normally did, but none. I leaned forward to see if she'd gone to the ladies room to Clean up; not that it made a big mess or something, but she was still there playing with the crab while pinching out of it unbothered.
"Hmm.. weird." I actually felt relieved she didn't see me and at the same time confused on the fact that she didn't come to check on who bothered her.
   I looked over at my watch, and still she hadn't left. Just then, the waiter approached her table and they exchanged words. This was my queue to leave; I was done for the night, but first I had to use the bathroom. Forget about everything that happened earlier, but my day was pretty good. Got the deal, hung out with my buddy, spoke to my mom and sister, nothing possibly could ruin my night; all that's left for me to do is to return home and stay alone in peace......okay that sounded lonely, I'll rephrase.......all that's left for me to do is to return home and...you know...stay!
Wooshp
Oh shit! I bumped into someone! Why the fuck couldn't he move!
I raised my looked down and came face to face with her! The her I never dreamed or wished to meet ever again. She stood smiling sheepishly, long eye lashes almost reaching her cheekbones. In as much as I wanted her sight to disgust me, it didn't, Instead I wanted her! Stupid right?....but this was my first love.
  "Aren't you going to say something love?" She bit her lips while finally breaking the silence. I tensed and then stood straight a little bit.
  "Yeah....hey" stupid! After years of separation you bump into her and then you ' hey ' her!?? Dumb you Gustavo.
I was tensed, I was like a teenage boy.....I felt all giddy, I was shy standing next to the woman that murdered my unborn child. I never thought I would be this way if I came across her, but I did!
  "Good to see you again after all these years gusti" great the stupid ole Nick name!!  Subconscious are stupid tho!!
I kept a straight face after her remark. I didn't want her to think that I still thought of her since we separated.
  "Good to see you too..... Rachel" I finally found my words. While Keeping a straight face, I pulled my hands out for a formal handshake, which I know I'll regret in the nearest future.
  "Oh..still that gentleman I see" she giggled as she stroked my palms. I knew I was going to regret this. I immediately felt aroused by the touch.
  "Good evening gentleman" an old man appeared out of nowhere, holding Rachel by her waist while stroking her already exposed back.
  "Good evening to you too Mr"
"Nielsen, Peter Nielsen son!" He warmly smiled as he gave Rachel a dirty old man kiss. I don't remember asking for your name tho!
I felt numb, and I just wanted to get out of there, so much for a good night!
"Gustavo, meet my husband, CEO founder and owner of Peterson Inc. babe meet an old friend of mine, Gustavo!" She smiled. Wait what!!?
Babe!! As old as he is she's calling him babe!!? And wait husband!? What happened to the other idiot from back then!?  CEO, guess she's still in for the money, figured!
"Nice to meet you son"  call me son one more time and I'll loose it bitch!!
"Nice to meet you too....sir" I swallowed.
" So, what are you doing over here alone?" Mr Nielsen asked politely. Now what do I say??! I came with a wife? Fiancee? Girlfriend?? Hell naw! Two could play at this ugly game.
  " I'm not alone, I actually came with my......fiancee" I did??
" You did?!!" Rachel asked in shock.  Yess!! Serves you right
  "Yes I did!" I smiled warmly at the couple. Please God don't let them say they'd like to meet her.
  "Oh owk then, where is she?" She asked getting suspicious already.
God please help your son.
At this moment, I silently prayed that Stella would still be at her table. You can make this work Gustavo, just for the night,  But my only prayer for now was that she wouldn't rat me out, not now at least.
"Does she have a name son?" Old man don't son me after stealing my girl!! Ex girl tho.
  "Stella" I exhaled as I led them to her table. Whew she was still there with slumped shoulders.  "Babe...." I paused as I saw the look on her face, she wasn't bothered, no emotion played. I hope this works out.  "Rachel, the one I told you about, and her.... husband" I could feel Stella staring hard, and then she bursted out laughing, really hard.
Gustavo, bye bye......I felt my heart shatter, I was dead in spirit.