23

Stella's POV

    I sighted Gustavo almost immediately he stepped out of the elevator and ran to meet him. It's been so long, I mean.... Two years wasn't some chicken change at all, and come to think of it, I really missed him.
    His hug reminded me of our last encounter over and over again. Yeah, true he obviously had other classy ladies entertain him, but it's not totally wrong for me to day dream about him. He looked......good.
  ' well who am I kidding, he always looks good '
    Inside the conference room, I made sure I took notes of all that was being discussed so as not to get me into any sort of trouble, but that didn't stop me from taking quick glances at him. He looked so lost, like he was thinking of......ion know; something.
    I was so mesmerized just staring at his face that I missed a few notes but was quick when Mr Sanchez nudged my arm a bit.
    "Focus banks!" He said sternly.
  "Sorry" I whispered back, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.
    "Can't believe I was caught staring......by my boss!"
    I inwardly muttered, paying full attention on the discussion at hand.

     ___________

' Where is that man! '
  I groaned, pushing past men in different suits and tuxedos, searching for Gustavo. I can't believe I just wasted my permission of going early just to find him gone!
    After the meeting, I found my way to Mr Sanchez to take permission to visit an old friend.....Gustavo. But now he's gone. "When he's found, Stella you'd give him a hard knock to remind him who's boss!"  Yeahh.....that's exactly what I'll do.
    "Yeah...banks ....your boyfriend left not too long ago" Mr Sanchez said with a mocking little grin on his face. If he wasn't gay, I bet we'd be a thing; but I also doubt it'd happen......I think I feel a thing for Gustavo, think!
    With my heels under my arm, I dashed into the elevator, took it down and ran to the parking lot.
   "Damn!"  I grunted as his car took off through the gate. With my purse under my left armpit, I hurriedly took out Sanchez's car keys and ran to his car. I had to catch up to Gustavo and smack some sense into his proud ass. I just can't believe he'd leave without even saying ' hi ', after all, I was the one who came up to meet him in the first place.

     When he got to the gate of the Ali tower, i pulled up at the side walk but he didn't enter the Ali premises. He only dropped off his sidekick and drove off almost immediately.
   Curiosity took control of me as I quickly followed him. I had to know where he was going, obviously not work.....I just saw that. Maybe he had somewhere important to be, who knows.
   After following him for about 30 minutes, he pulled up at  ' hotel da Vinci ' , a very popular hotel right here in New York.
   "What are you up to Mr Ali"
I muttered as we both drove inside the compound. I made sure I parked way out of sight. Whatever was his reason of bailing on me; that is not waiting for me tho - I was going to find out, especially what he's doing here....not that it was my business, but I will get to the bottom of it.
   One bad disease I've got is a 'not minding my business with something that doesn't even concern me one bit syndrome' . It's really one thing I have to take care of, but that's right after I feed my curiosity.

   _____________

   I followed him inside the hotel as he requested to see someone. I just couldn't hear what or who he was asking for, but I certainly didn't let him see me. I followed suite but was careful not to be spotted. He headed towards the elevator and hopped in; that's the moment I realized I hadn't even gotten the floor or room number he's heading to.
   Looking if the coast was clear, I stomped my feet hard in the floor, letting out my frustrations. "How on Earth did I miss this man!" I groaned, almost wanting to pull my hair: at this moment of my life, I really wish I had extensions so I'd pull out something alright.
    " can I help you woman!?"
Woman!?  I slowly turned, facing the rude and nasty  middle aged female goblin.
   " Obviously you can " I stated plainly, looking her right in the eye and trying to sound as professional as I could. "Do you by any chance know the floor that particular man on suit was heading?" I asked, pointing the direction of the elevator door obviously expecting no reply, and boy was I right. She looked at me like some sort of idiotic stalker, which clearly was the issue at hand. Was I such a dunce to follow Gustavo here? Or was she just destined to act like a rat? Either one but I definitely won't go with number one.
   ' Nope! Just go with it girl. You're here already, no turning back, plus put this little hairy woman in her place! ' . My head snapped at me. I quickly brushed off snapping at her from my system and got into character.
   "Listen you. I need this information to do my job which requires me eliminating anyone that comes in my way". She suddenly looked frightened just when I realized the implication of my statement. "Between me and you, I'm a state security agent, spy that is". I was quick to add, winking in her direction and sighed a breath of relief as she softened a bit and gave me the location of the room on the 12th floor.

     " Jackpot!"
   I exclaimed as I arrived the 12th floor. I quickly began tracing my way only to realize..... I'd forgotten the room number. "Shit!"
   How would I be this mad! Sure I'm crazy, but not stupid. I decided to do the only thing that came to my mind which is to look into every key hole till I sighted a property of Gustavo when suddenly the elevator made some noice, indicating that someone was on their way to this particular floor I'm on.
    Thank God for a particular door myself of all people would be awear of, I dashed into the janitors closet. It smelled really bad, but I could manage; something I was used to anyways. I peeped through the door hole and realized my greatest mistake.
    Oh no!!
   I really didn't think this through!

   I had followed Gustavo here to watch him have sex with someone's wife.......again!