24

Stella's POV

  Rachel! I growled.

  I should have known he'd never get tired of seeing her. How dumb was I not to have realized, no wait! How dumb is he not to have realized that it was she who sabotaged his business! I saw what she did the other night!!

   Flashback......
2 years ago
   ** ** ** ** ** **
  Gustavo and I struggled up and fell on our knees as we both arrived from the floor he Bagan chasing me from and headed straight to the elevator.
    "Oh shit!" He muttered as he grabbed me and stepped out of the elevator. "I dropped my briefcase while running". He stated as he walked down the hall, bending to pick up the case that was laying open on the ground. I sighted a white sheet far behind his feet but didn't pay much attention to it.
    "I'd be destroyed if this went missing or worse, leaked". He chuckled as we both got into the elevator.
    The doors began to shut slowly as my eye caught a figure bending down to pick the white sheet.
   "Rachel!"  I muttered as soon as the elevator door jammed shut, taking us slowly down the reception.
   "What was that?" He asked as soon as he heard me cursing.
   "Oh it's nothing..... just a song tho" I covered up, trying to sound convincing.
   But why cover up? He knew she was there. I decided to just keep shut, besides it was nothing.

  Present.......
      ** ** ** ** ** **
   Stupid curiosity. Stupid legs. Stupid heart......Stupid me.
  Why on Earth did I choose to follow him? Why couldn't I have minded my own business and waited for him to come?

    I felt completely useless. Every guy I've ever had a thing for never felt the same way. I've always wondered why.
  Maybe it was me? Nahh Maybe not!
I always assured myself each time something like this came up.
    Memories rushed through my mind as I recalled the last thing Gustavo said to me before I took off. I always thought of him as a friend, connection to higher places but never anything intimate......not until now.
    ________
    "I grew up struggling with my mother and catering for my sister, without a father". He paused looking down his hands. He looked so vulnerable at the time, talking about how he's been alone despite growing up with many people around him that's not family. He moved from place to place as a young boy, worked from stalls to stalls just to make enough money to put his sister in school and buy medicines for his Mom. She suffered from high blood pressure at that time, so he practically became the bread winner.
   He told me how he met Rachel and how she left him, about their affairs while they were dating, and further explained how she aborted the pregnancy and her stupid reasons for it. Normally, I hide my emotions but all I did at the moment was to put my arms around him and hug him! It felt weird at first, but then he softened and hugged back. It felt so warm, so good......and just Soo familiar; for some reason I knew nothing of.
    "I've had different flings since then, getting rid of my frustrations. I used many girls and usually back then i lost hope of ever being happy with a woman by my side...." He paused briefly like he was thinking of the right words to say as I held until him tighter. "......not until I met you!"
     I didn't know what to say or feel at the moment. Silence overtook our surrounding as I slowly broke the hug and stared at him, then did the only thing that came to my head.......I kissed him!
  He sat there analyzing the whole situation and kissed back. It felt......good, awesome but surprisingly..... familiar. That while feeling filled my body, fear.
  I felt as if i've met this man before but just couldn't place where or when.' I kissed Gustavo Ali! I actually kissed him! Now why on Earth did I just do that!!?'
I thought as I slowly broke the kiss. He hurt me earlier today, and in as much as I feel the same way, I was going to hurt him back.
   "I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way". With that, I got down the bonnet of his car and walked as far as I could, out of his sight.
   I could feel his eyes blazing and piercing into my back, digging deep to find it's way in ripping my heart out.
  I knew it was wrong of me, but at the same time felt that I'd regret my discion if I followed my heart.

_____________

   A drop of tears rolled down my eye as I recalled what happened the day I was chased down a story building.
   "Why feel this way when you caused it Stella".  I wiped the tear and adjusted my dress. It wasn't supposed to end that way. Adjusting my dress and wiping my tears gently, I quietly left the janitors closet.
    I was going to head home right now and call Sanchez to take my car home while I had his. I headed into the already open elevator and got in, unaware of the current situation I landed myself into.

    ** ** ** ** ** ** **
  Rachel had already received a call from Gustavo, requesting they meet in hotel da Vinci. She smiled immediately he hung up, and twirled victoriously around her bed.
   Two years had passed without a call from him and she got scared, thinking he'd pushed her out of his life forever; well that was up until the call. After their last meeting, she promised to make him pay for using her own tactics against her, all because of one hopeless bitch, Stella! She snatched Gustavo from her.
     An hour later, she was at the hotel, after cooking up excuses for her husband, who hasn't died yet. All she was up for was his money and Fame, nothing concerning love. She equally needed Gustavo, to make him fall for her and to dupe him also.
She walked into the hotel and immediately, she knew their usual room, so she walked in her tallest of heels and yet another skimpy but blue dress. She reached the 12th floor and perceived the very familiar scent that stole her ex lover heart, Stella.
   With a nasty smile tracing the scent, she walked past the janitors closet and stood by the side of the door and back into the elevator; waiting patiently for her enemy to come out, obviously awear of the fact that she stalked Gustavo here.
  Sure Rachel was a bitch, but she certainly was a smart woman, who used her level of Intelligence to manipulate others to do whatever she tells them to.
    With a full wide pretentious smile, she watched Stella gracefully step into the elevator, completely zoned out. She quickly let out her lingerie: the spare one she normally uses to deceive wife's of her male victims and intentionally dropped it on the floor of the elevator. Just as it opened, she hooped out, Making Stella fully awear of her presence, especially the presence of the lingerie. She watched Stella let out a nasty laugh with no emotions playing on her face as she stepped out of the elevator winking back at a very stunned Rachel.
   In this case, Stella had the last laugh.