Prologue

To find your soulmate in this world is the most precious thing to ever happen in someone's life time.

To be linked through pain and emotions and only have matching birthmarks to identify ones self physically.

Before they even meet they could, feel one another's emotions aswell as physical pain.

But with Y/n and her soulmate, it's special. It's a unknown secret to others about the two that some how, just one day they both could hear one another's thoughts.

It's a very rare case but it's happened before, a very long time ago.

It's as if they're are one person, very much connected to one another but one day that all changed.

Lee Y/n had do something she never thought she would ever do to her soulmate. She pushed him away, refused to talk to him and cut off his connection with her soulmate.

Some people would call rejection.

To why she did this was to attend the most elite school in the country to maintain her family's reputation and save her brothers name from shame.

She loves her soulmate and she can feel how he refuses to give up and keeps his end open constantly.

Everyday she can feel his pain of the rejection but if only he could feel hers for even doing such a thing to him.

His pain turns him into something he never thought he could be. His thoughts turn dark and starts to believe his soulmate never loved him, that he would forever be soulless.

Y/n can barely handle it, hearing his dark twisted thoughts about himself and others. His pain and almost lack of empathy he has for the pain of others that's he's caused.

It even broke her to have to feel how he was intimate with another as revenge for what she did.

He did it on purpose. He didn't care anymore.

Because of their bond Y/n was hospitalised with heart break but due to family demands she still could not open back up.

Her family were selfish and knew what this was doing to their daughter but their pride took over more than their love.

Y/n wanted nothing more but to open up, share everything, to talk to her soulmate once more but couldn't. She just couldn't.

All she has left of the good times was when she looks at the three simple black stars on her wrist.

She was always thankful they weren't too big like some others were but it reminded her of the dreams she once shared with her soulmate.

The dream that may never come true.

(A/N: the pic at top I would just like to boost I took it myself! ☺️)