2

The stone-faced clan leader wasn't thrilled by the idea of going to the Hyuga compound; however, Hashirama insisted and in order to maintain the peace they had newly forged, Madara agreed. They were nearing the small village, which was tucked away in the hills and nestled by streams.

"It's quite pretty out here, don't you think, Madara?" Hashirama asked, taking a long look at the scenery.

"Hn."

Without missing a beat, Hashirama continued with a sly grin and laugh, "I knew you'd say that! You're becoming predictable, Madara."

The Uchiha man cut his eyes at his friend before brushing off the foolishness. He kept his focus forward as buildings came into view. Animals grazed in pastures that lined the road they followed and more residences were grouped together the farther into the village they went.

Madara and Hashirama followed directions to a modest house with a perimeter lined by cherry blossom trees. Standing regally on the front porch was whom Madara assumed to be the clan leader. He was a firm looking man who kept his white eyes on the two strangers as they made their way up his lane.

Stopping a few feet in front of the porch, Hashirama greeted the man warmly, "Hello! Lord Hyuga, it's very nice to meet you. I am Hashirama Senju and this is Madara Uchiha. We are very thankful for your consideration."

"Come in, Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha. We have much to discuss."

Madara nodded to the man respectfully as he entered the threshold. Inside, he saw the figure of a woman in a crimson kimono pass by, shortly followed the shattering of glass and a soft laugh from the room she entered.

"Good job, Sora!" Madara faintly heard a woman's voice mock through the walls. The woman he had caught a glimpse of just before passed through the hallway again, shaking her head and returning with a broom.

While Hashirama and Lord Hyuga were discussing trivial affairs, Madara was more interested in the background. He listened closely, trying to hear the conversation in the other room.

"Byakugan! Oh, Sen, they're here!" a male's voice spoke in hushed realization.

"I could've told you that. I saw them when I went to get the broom."

Madara continued to listen to the pair. They sound like quarreling siblings, he thought to himself in amusement.

"Why didn't you?!"

"You were too busy breaking the teacups. Anyway, go join Father. I'll clean this up."

So he was right, they were siblings. The solemn Uchiha was broken from his trance by Hashirama calling out, "...Madara!"

"Yes?" he responded evenly, averting his attention to the two clan leaders.

They had been joined by a third man, a serious-looking shinobi with a deep scar on his face. Madara bowed to the man after Lord Hyuga introduced him as his son, Mizura.

"And this is my other son, Sora," the elder Hyuga continued, gesturing to an identical man who entered the room. Madara noted that the two were essentially shadow clones of one another; however, Sora lacked a scar.

"A pleasure to meet you both, truly," Hashirama saluted them. "Now then, with everyone here, I would like to thank you all again for taking the time to speak with us. Our clans have spent far too long devastated by war."

Mizura interrupted Hashirama, "You think the fighting will end because you two built a village? Conflict is all the people have ever known."

Upon hearing the sourness in the scarred man's tone, Madara sharply responded, "Konohagakure is a testament to the future of our people. The idea of this village is centered around peaceful coexistence. Our mission is to create a world where children no longer have to fight. Is that not something you wish the Hyuga to be a part of?"

Mizura and Madara held one another's stony glares before Sora spoke from the corner, "Forgive my brother, Madara. We all share Mizura's concerns; however, there has been trust built with your journey here. I know that my father and brother appreciate the sentiment as much as I do."

Silence fell among the group for a moment, allowing all attention to be directed at the young woman entering quietly with a tray of tea. Madara's eyes followed her movements as she gracefully placed the tray in the center of the table. They gestured their thanks as Lord Hyuga introduced her as his eldest daughter Mina.

Mina excused herself shyly after blushing at Hashirama and Madara's thanks. As the men continued their discussion, Madara was once again distracted by the same blood clad woman darting between doorways. He watched as she exited a room quickly, knocking into Mina.

The two women had a quick spat before Mina rolled her eyes and pushed past the girl in crimson. Madara continued to watch, meeting eyes with the woman for a brief moment. She gave the Uchiha man a long smile before tossing her long black hair over her shoulder and vanishing in a puff of smoke. He smirked at the teleportation jutsu as his eyes remained locked to where she had been standing for a moment more before he returned his attention to the meeting. 

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇ 

Ugh, just look at him

Ugh, just look at him. *chef's kiss*