27

"Sen! Sen! Sen!" a familiar little voice called out as Sen walked through the village, headed to the Hokage office to meet Madara. She stopped and looked over her shoulder to Yuudai.

He looked distraught as he pouted, "Sora Sensei can't train me today. Will you? Please, Sen?"

Yuudai, you know I can't say no to you, she thought as she chuckled lightly. She nodded and waved him toward her, saying, "Come on, kid. Madara and I will train you."

He shouted in glee and ran ahead of Sen, jumping excitedly.

The pair entered Madara's office through the window and Yuudai greeted the clan leader with joy. Madara's eyes initially widened at the little boy's exuberant nature; however, thanks to all of the years spent with Hashirama, Madara knew he could handle him. 

Madara thought for a moment before asking, "Yuudai, would you mind if I brought along two extra students?"

Sen cocked her head in confusion before she realized he probably meant Karasu and Yama. Yuudai was excited about the prospect of making new friends, so he enthusiastically agreed. Madara and the Hyugas went to the Uchiha compound to find the two kids. After searching and asking around, they found Yama and Karasu climbing a tree.

"Karasu! Yama! Come down," Madara called up.

Two little heads poked out from the leaves and worried looks covered their faces. They stared at their clan leader with scared eyes before he laughed and yelled up again, "You two aren't in trouble. I have someone for you to meet."

They jumped down and said hello to Sen before looking over the little stranger with sharp eyes. Karasu introduced himself to Yuudai with a broad grin. Yama introduced himself as well and then stated bluntly, "You're a Hyuga too, huh." 

Yuudai proudly nodded and asked if the Uchiha boys had the Sharingan. They nodded and activated their ruby eyes. Yuudai exclaimed how cool their eyes were while activating his own Byakugan. Madara told them all to put away their dojutsu for now and led the troop through the forest into the training grounds.

As Sen and Madara walked, the boys ran ahead, bouncing through the trees. Madara sighed with a chortle, "How did we end up doing this?" 

"Oh hush, you know you're gonna have fun, Madara."

He rolled his eyes playfully at her in reply.

The trio of young ninjas were waiting in the center of the clearing, sitting in a circle and talking excitedly. Sen was happy they were getting along so well. Yuudai had been so alone after losing his parents in the war and it had broken Sora's heart; therefore, the shinobi had taken in the little Hyuga and been a father figure since. She was sure Karasu had felt the same loneliness and was thankful that the orphans had found one another, even if they didn't know their similarities yet.

Madara began speaking to the boys, who listened to his every word closely. He asked if the boys knew their chakra nature, to which they all shook their heads no. He ordered them to stand and then dug five pieces of paper from his pocket. He gave one to each person and said, "This is a special paper made from a tree nourished by chakra. If you focus your chakra into this paper, it will tell you your nature. I'll go first."

The paper incinerated itself in fire and ash between Madara's fingers. The three boys' eyes widened and they started shouting, "Me next!"

Madara instructed Yama to go and the young boy's paper also ignited in flames before smoldering out. He cheered and said, "That means my nature is fire, right?!"

"Right," Madara commented. "Now, your turn Yuudai." The little Hyuga focused his chakra into his paper and watched in amazement as it turned into dirt and was carried away by the wind. Madara smiled and told him, "You have an earth affinity just like the Hokage." Yuudai grinned idiotically.

Karasu went next and the paper split in half, much to his surprise. He looked nervously at Madara and asked, "Why did it not catch on fire? I'm an Uchiha..."

The clan leader gave Karasu an affirming pat on the head and informed him that while fire affinity was the most common for the Uchiha, that every now and then someone would get lucky and have a different nature. Madara bent down and told the little boy, "You'll always be an Uchiha, Karasu." The child smiled as his cheeks reddened.

"It's your turn, Sen!" Yuudai proclaimed.

Sen focused her chakra and watched as the paper split in half. Karasu watched with bright eyes as he realized he and Sen shared a chakra nature. Sen noticed the little Uchiha's big deer-like stare and winked at him. He dropped his eyes, but a wide, goofy grin was plastered across his face.

The group continued training until sunset. Madara taught the Uchiha how to use their Sharingan better while Sen and Yuudai practiced with the Byakugan and Gentle Fist. As the session drew to a close, Sen and Madara made eye contact across the clearing and they shared a loving, tender look.

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇

I'm kinda worried I'm bouncing around too much, but I guess it's okay?  If something is ever illogical, please comment and let me know!

I just have so much I want to incorporate in this book that I have to be choppy. Please forgive me, reader-chan <3