58

Meanwhile in Konohagakure, the boys were still searching high and low for Sen. They went through each of the village shops, restaurants, and bars, asking if anyone had seen her. However, as the hours drug on, they continued to have no luck. They searched the Hokage building as well as the cliff above Konoha, but the girl was nowhere to be found.

"We're bound to find her soon!" Yuudai proclaimed, trying to keep morale up. "Think of how many cats we've found, and Sen's way bigger than a cat!"

"Don't you dare call her fat, Yuudai!" Yama shouted back.

Karasu raised his eyebrows questioningly but remained silent and calm. He didn't see how Yama concluded that was Yuudai's meaning, but intended to let the boys fight it out at their own leisure as usual.

The Hyuga boy's face screwed up in total confusion while he blinked blankly at the clearly distressed Uchiha. "What does that have to do with anything?" he argued quickly, planting his feet firmly on the ground.

"Just..." Yama began speaking in frustration and throwing his arms up, "let's hurry up and find her! Dammit!"

As they continued scurrying about the village, Yuudai saw a familiar face that might be able to help them out. He ran up to the stern-looking Hyuga clan leader and asked respectfully if he knew where Sen was.

Mizura's interest was quickly piqued as he asked cautiously, "No... Why?"

"Sora Sensei is looking for her and we can't find her anywhere! We've looked all over the village! Will you help us, please Lord Hyuga? Please?" he asked as his big white eyes pleaded with the man.

Mizura's eyes narrowed as he quietly fumed and thought, Sen has run off? It'll be easy enough for her betrothed to find her. Stupid bitch. He placed a fake smile on his face and bent down to the boys and spoke in a silky, cold voice, "I assure you, I'll do everything to find her."

Karasu felt the poison behind Mizura's words, and wished that Yuudai had never asked his clan leader for help. The Uchiha boys looked to one another briefly before quietly thanking the Hyuga man and tugging on Yuudai's shirt sleeve to usher him along. The trio ran off and continued their search while Mizura's jaw set in anger as he transported himself to the Senju compound.

"Tobirama!" he called out as he approached the white haired man.

The Senju granted Mizura his attention while he explained what was going on, embellishing the story a bit as he went. He finally asked if Tobirama would seek out Sen's chakra in order to help find his darling sister. The man agreed and wove his signs before pressing his palm to the ground.

"She's north of the village..." Tobirama spoke carefully, closing his eyes to focus better. "Near a cliff... but there's another chakra there..." He paused, his face becoming dark as he muttered, "And it's Madara Uchiha's."

Upon hearing Tobirama's words, Mizura's nostrils flared in complete rage. He struggled to hold his composure; the veins in his neck throbbing and threatening to explode. How dare she run off, and with that fucking Uchiha nonetheless.

A cliff? North of Konohagakure? He asked himself while racking his brain for where she may be. Finally, a sinister smile broke onto his face in realization. Our old training grounds! I know exactly where you are now, Sen... See you soon. He nodded curtly and cleared his throat before ordering the Senju to gather a group of men and meet him outside the front gates.

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇ 

It's taking every ounce of willpower I have not o post the final few chapters right now lol