14

The Hyuga siblings entered the Hokage building feeling a bit nervous. Many of the people they passed in the building gave them hard stares as the two white-eyed strangers searched for Hashirama's office.

"Looking for Hashirama?" a deep voice asked from behind the two.

They stopped and turned to face a tall man with gray hair, scarlet eyes, and red lines adorning his cheeks and chin. His face was blank while his intense eyes looked over Sen and Sora.

"Yes, actually. Can you point us in the right direction?" Sen asked with a kind smile.

He walked past them as he waved his hand lazily and spoke, "Follow me."

They scurried along behind the mysterious man as he led them through what seemed like endless corridors. Finally, they entered a large room through ornate double doors and saw Hashirama sitting behind a big desk with stacks of paperwork surrounding him.

The Hokage peeked up from his work and grinned broadly at the group. He chirped, "Hey, guys! I see you've met my little brother Tobirama!"

Little brother? Sen thought as her eyes traveled up to the big man. He seemed the total opposite of Hashirama, but then again, Mizura and Mina were nothing like her and Sora.

"Thanks to your brother we were able to find you, Hashirama," Sora answered, giving a firm nod to Tobirama. He returned the gesture.

Hashirama smiled. "Oh," he began speaking excitedly, shuffling papers, "Tobirama, will you give Sora and Sen the official Konohagakure tour, please? I'm up to my eyes in paperwork. Please?"

Tobirama answered flatly, "Sure thing." He looked over at the two, scanning them with his eyes. Hmm, well at least the girl is pretty, he thought.

The solemn man and two newcomers began their tour of the village at the base of what he referred to as "Hokage Mountain." Sen and Sora craned their necks up at the face of the cliff and listened as Tobirama told them he planned on building a shinobi academy here one day.

They continued through the streets with Tobirama walking between the Hyuga siblings. Sen noticed cutting glares from women as they passed. Ladies' man, huh?

She ignored them and continued to give her attention to Tobirama as he told them all about the village's layout. The tour continued before Sora informed them that he had to leave for a meeting with the village elders regarding the Hyuga clan.

They bid him goodbye and Tobirama asked Sen if she was hungry. She answered that she was, so they settled on grabbing a bite to eat at a new barbeque place. The pair sat at a small table in front of a window at the restaurant. Tobirama began grilling the chicken as Sen lay the vegetables out.

"How do you like Konohagakure so far?" the man inquired.

She smiled brightly at him. "It's wonderful. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this village, as my clan will be in the future."

This response invoked a smile from the stern man. He's kind of cute when he doesn't look so cross, she thought.

They chatted casually for a while before Tobirama asked, "So, apart from my brother, have you made any friends in the village yet?"

Swallowing a piece of chicken, she nodded before a quizzical look popped on her face. She reasoned, "Yeah, well I think at least... It's kinda hard to tell with him sometimes." She paused and pointed a chopstick at Tobirama before finishing, "I'm sure you know that's just how Madara is."

Madara? Tobirama thought venomously. This girl is friends with that bastard?

His mouth set in a hard line as he insisted, "He isn't your friend. That man is no one's friend."

Sen's face twisted in confusion. She shook her head and asked, "What do you mean? Is he not your and Hashirama's friend?"

A cold laugh came from Tobirama's throat. "I would never be friends with a bastard who killed his own brother and stole his eyes," he answered harshly.

Sen felt a pit grow in her stomach. Killed his own brother...? Stole his Sharingan...? But?

"He killed his brother?" she asked in a shaky voice. Her skin had grown cold and she felt a lump forming in her throat.

"Mhmm, the last one left too," Tobirama hummed.

She felt her stomach turning as she thought about Madara murdering his brother. Her throat felt tight as her mind raced. All she could ask was, "Why?"

"All in the pursuit of power. But that's a damned Uchiha for you," he muttered. His gaze was bitter as he shoved the last bite of his food into his mouth.

I lost two of my brothers at a young age and then lost my only reason for living, my final brother Izuna, not long ago. Madara's words rang in her ears. How could he say such a thing whenever he was the one who ended Izuna's life?

"That's... heartbreaking," Sen whispered.

Tobirama's lips curled into a small smile as he laid his hand over hers, "Hey, Sen, don't let someone like him take up space in your mind. A man like Madara Uchiha isn't worth it. He's nothing but trouble like the rest of his clan."

She blinked hard and raised her eyes to Tobirama's palm resting on the back of her hand. His skin was warm against her clammy hands. With a confused sigh, she whispered, "Thank you for telling me this, Tobirama."

"What kind of man would I be if I didn't look out for a lovely woman such as yourself?"

Sen responded with a smile, trying to hide the sadness threatening her face. She felt betrayed by Madara. Was he even capable of something like that? She thought, but quickly answered that he was. She had heard the gruesome stories of the infamous Uchiha clan leader, but upon meeting him, she felt them all to be fables. However, now, they all felt so real.

Her skin crawled as she remembered his hands tracing her body. The same hands that murdered his own brother. His endless stare formed in her mind and she felt her chest begin to cave in.

Madara, she thought sorrowfully. How could you?

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇

brb dropping out of school to be a kunoichi in the Leaf during springtime

Note: The original text said they were grilling pork, but it has now been changed to chicken for our Muslim friends. Thank you to those who pointed this out. :')