5

Sen broke through the tree line just after mid-morning. With her, she brought lunch for the group, a small bottle of sake for her and Sora, as well as an assortment of kunai and shuriken. Her arrival prompted a joyful greeting from Yuudai. She tousled the kid's messy dark blue hair and asked to see his new jutsu. He attempted to perform the jutsu but failed several times. On his final attempt, he managed to achieve it, earning a gleeful congratulations from Sen and broad grin and thumbs up from Sora.

After that, Yuudai sat under a tree and watched with wide eyes as Sen and Sora stood off against one another. His eyes were glued to the expert movements of the Gentle Fist masters as they swiftly pranced between techniques, shouting information to Yuudai as they went.

"You'll never guess who was here earlier," Sora mentioned casually.

"Mizura?" she asked, attacking Sora's shoulder but stopping before she hit his chakra network.

He countered, sliding behind her with ease and beginning an assault on her back. They continued the dance, Sen guessing random names while Sora refused to simply tell her. He needed her unfocused because frankly if she wasn't, she would kick his ass. That wasn't something Sora wanted his little pupil to see just yet.

"Tell me," she growled after going through a list of names. She was beginning to become annoyed with Sora and had figured out exactly why he was being so vague.

In the midst of a vicious attack from Sen, hoping to throw her off so he could finish the fight, he revealed the name, "Madara Uchiha."

Sen was caught off-guard by this and her concentration fell while her muscle memory continued the art of the Gentle Fist. Her palm connected with his solar plexus firmly. Blood spit from his mouth as he choked out for air in short gasps.

"Sora!" Sen shrieked as she fell onto the ground beside him. She hovered her palms over his chest and prepared herself to perform a simple healing jutsu.

"No," Sora argued, "I'm okay. I don't need healing." He smiled weakly before grunting and dragging himself to his feet. He turned to Yuudai, gestured to his sister, and told the young kid, "And that's why you should never fight Sen."

Sen bowed and chuckled.

They sat for lunch and Sen considered asking more about Madara's visit. What was he doing wandering around the outskirts of the village? She needed answers to her questions, but getting in a serious word between Sora and his hyperactive student was a daunting task. Instead, she continued to eat, watching the sun as it rose to its highest position in the sky. She would get around to asking Sora at a more private time.

Later that afternoon, Sora and Sen dropped Yuudai off back at his house before returning to their own. Upon entering, they saw the rest of their family knelt around the table, having a cup of tea.

"Sen, Sora..." Lord Hyuga greeted them. "Join us."

The two knelt on the open mats as Mina poured two cups of hot tea. Mizura and Lord Hyuga continued their conversation regarding some shinobi Sen had never heard of.

The men began segueing their conversation to the most pressing matter. She listened with renewed interest as they began discussing whether or not the Hyuga clan should join the new united village.

"I don't trust the Uchiha man," Mizura grumbled lowly. He poured himself another cup of tea and took a long sip, scanning the face of his youngest sister who had put on a disapproving expression.

Her father hummed in agreement as he added, "It's better not to trust anyone with the name Uchiha."

Sen noticed Sora's eyes were glued to his cup of tea. He looked troubled as if he wanted to object to the words of his father and twin brother; however, he said nothing. She nudged his knee with her foot, causing him to glance up, but he only pressed his lips in a line and returned his gaze to his drink.

Fine then. I'll say something. Sen thought as she gently set her teacup on the table. She met Mizura's eyes and spoke level-headedly, "I think that both the Uchiha and Senju are trustworthy men. What they are proposing will be valuable to our clan for generations to come. Think of posterity, Father."

"How would you know, Sen? You didn't even meet them," Mizura responded with a sardonic laugh.

She barked back at her older brother venomously, "Except I did, Mizura. I spent most of the night with them at the old man's ramen shop. I believe that they're genuine and honorable men."

"Sen, quieten down," her father ordered. Her and Mizura continued to glare at one another, daggers erupting from each Hyuga's white eyes. The elder Hyuga cleared his throat and thought out loud, "Perhaps there is a way to ensure this alliance will not sour."

He then turned his attention to Mina and asked her, "Would you marry for the benefit of your clan?"

Sen felt her heart beginning to pound, anticipating her father's next words. She held her breath anxiously and hoped he would suggest that Mina marry Hashirama Senju.

An amused smile broke onto Mina's face as she replied, "Of course, Father."

"A dutiful woman is a father's greatest treasure. Very well, I will discuss the issue with Uchiha and Senju tonight over dinner. You all are to attend," he paused and glanced at Sen, "I expect everyone to behave properly." 

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇