10

Sen and Sora spent the next few days preparing to move to the new shinobi village. They said their goodbyes to their friends and family, their favorite ramen shop owner, and finally spent their final night in the small village at their training grounds. They sat at the edge of the cliff and dangled their legs off the side, leaning back on their elbows onto the soft grass.

With a nostalgic sigh, Sora remarked, "This could be the last time we ever see this place."

Pragmatically, Sen responded with a chuckle, "We can always come back. Special places are worth the homecoming, wouldn't you agree?"

He nodded and replied with a mischievous smirk, "I'd drink to that. You?"

Laughing, Sen nodded while Sora pulled a flask of sake and two small cups from his vest. Always count on Sora to be willing to imbibe, Sen thought. Her brother handed her the cup and they tossed them back before reflexively tapping the bottoms onto the cliff edge.

"What do you think Konohagakaure will be like?" Sora asked.

Sen was silent for a moment, thinking. If everyone was like Madara, it would be quiet and intimidating. Adversely, if everyone was like Hashirama, it would be a rambunctious and eager village. She finally spoke, admitting that she did not know.

The sun had begun to slowly sink below the horizon. Sen and Sora welcomed the hour by finishing the flask of sake. They lay on their backs in the lush grass while their eyes remained fixed on the color show of the endless sky.

"I hope the new village is as pretty as home," Sen commented. "I'm going to miss the cherry blossoms and the koi pond."

Sora agreed with a sad sigh as his mind traveled incessantly. He too was going to miss the only home he had ever known. Most of all however, he was going to miss Yuudai. Over the years, the young orphan had come to be like a son to Sora. Yuudai thought the world of his sensei. Whenever he told Yuudai about Konohagakure, Sora had promised their separation was only temporary and had given the teary-eyed child a gigantic hug before bidding him goodbye.

He spoke in a calm and assured voice, "This is the beginning of a new life. Things are changing for the better. I believe that, Sen. I believe in Hashirama Senju and Madara Uchiha. They're men of steel resolve."

"I believe in them too," she whispered dreamily.

There was silence between the siblings once more as a show of respect to the stars as they graced the sky with their ethereal presence. A soft summer breeze passed through the trees and warmed Sen's skin.

Her thoughts traced back to when she was here with Madara. Recalling the way his dark eyes held her captive as he touched her sent shivers across down her body. His lips had been so patient and gentle with her before giving in to temptation and desire. Sen wanted to feel his arms wrapped around her again, holding her close to his chest as their lips worked against one another. She longed for Madara Uchiha more than anything in the world.

"I hope the next time I'm here..." Sen spoke before pausing to feel the gentle breeze once again on her skin. She opened her eyes slowly to the stars, watching the diamonds swim in the sea of onyx, before continuing, "...That the stars will look down upon a life filled with love."

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇ 

Here we go! To the Leaf!