38

The sky was dark and littered with starlight as Sen and Madara lay on the edge of Hokage Mountain. Madara's light snores buzzed in the background while Sen attempted to count the stars.

And he said he wasn't sleepy, Sen thought as she rolled her eyes. She let her head fall over so she could face the Uchiha man. A smile pulled on the corners of her lips as her eyes traveled around his face. Her fingers traced the smooth curve of his jaw and she leaned close to press a kiss against his cheek.

"I love you so much," she whispered to the sleeping man. She nestled her head onto his chest and curled against him before returning to aimlessly counting the stars.

As she looked up to the abyss, she couldn't help but imagine the future. She imagined what it would be like for the Uchiha clan leader to come home to her each night. Her face brightened at the prospect of waking to his lovely face each morning.

She dreamt of a big family, so she could watch her children running around the compound. The children would train with their father and their uncle and learn to become strong, honorable shinobi. She hoped they would be powerful like their father and compassionate like their mother.

She thought of growing old with Madara. A chuckle crossed her lips as she pictured them both in old age. Their flowing black hair had long ago turned white, their skin had wrinkled, and their bones had grown weary; however, they still smiled at one another warmly, holding eyes as if they were the only two on earth.

The countless possibilities swam through her head; however, the only thing she was sure of was that she wanted Madara Uchiha alongside her. She clutched his robe in her hand and pressed herself closer to him as she remembered an absentminded conversation they had a while back.

Madara had asked curiously, "Whatcha thinking about?"

The corner of Sen's lip curled up into a smile as she replied sweetly, "Oh, just you."

"Me?"

"You heard me, Madara," she purred before giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. He had blushed and cast his eyes away from her; however, when she reached for his hand he was quick to grasp hers. Her heart warmed as she felt his comforting touch.

Sen couldn't control the smile that broke onto her face. Madara yawned before his eyes opened slowly as he blinked the sleepiness away. He yawned again, "I guess I was more tired than I thought."

"Mhmm," Sen hummed. "I'm tired too. The boys wanted to watch Sora and I fight today. I used a genjutsu for the first time in a while that wore me out a bit."

Madara smirked and asked, "You used a genjutsu, eh? I've always heard the Byakugan amplifies the jutsu. Is that true?"

A pink tint spread across her cheeks as she meekly replied while it was true, that the genjutsu prowess of the Bykugan was nothing in comparison to his Sharingan. The man shook his head and pulled Sen on top of him before kissing her nose and saying, "And my Sharingan could never see chakra as clearly as your Byakugan. Your range of vision far surpasses mine as well. We have our own personal skill sets, darling."

She pouted that he was right and let her head fall onto Madara's shoulder. The man chuckled and ran his hands through her hair before resting his arms around her hips. They lay still and listened to the quiet rustling of the crisp autumn wind and the fleeting chirps of the few remaining crickets.

"Hey, Madara," Sen spoke.

"Hn," he grunted gently.

She thanked him for introducing her to the Uchiha boys. They had become so very dear to her in such a short time, and she couldn't imagine her life without them anymore. Karasu and her were together almost daily, whether it be for training or to run errands. The little Uchiha was Sen's shadow. Meanwhile, Yama was more reserved, but she knew the kid loved her in his own way.

"To Karasu, you're a mother figure. To Yama, an older sister. It's easy to see why they admire you so much," Madara stated plainly. He continued, "You're even-headed and think clearly. You have a strong will and a desire to achieve peace. You manage to do the impossible, somehow."

Sen asked what he meant by that. She never thought she was anything spectacular. After all, she was just a regular kunoichi from the Hyuga clan.

He smiled, "Well, you made me fall in love. That's pretty damn impressive."

"Oh, Madara..." she laughed airily. "You act as if before me, you were indifferent to all emotion. I'm nothing special. I'm just... Sen Hyuga."

"You're Sen Hyuga. That's it."

Her face looked puzzled as her brows knit together. Madara pushed a lock of hair away from her pale eyes and spoke once more. His voice was more uneasy this time, filled with nervousness. "You make me feel like I did when I was a child," he paused and looked deeper into her eyes. "Less paranoid. More optimistic. How I felt all those years ago whenever Hashirama and I wildly dreamt of this village... I feel that way whenever I'm with you."

Sen's face was blissful as she listened to her lover's words. His soothing voice spread across her body like a warm blanket as she sank deeper into him. Her head nuzzled into his breast and he tightened his hold on her. Her cheeks were burning into his shirt as she squeezed her eyes shut. You certainly know how to make me blush, she thought. But I understand completely, you make me feel as giddy as a schoolgirl. Love's a funny thing, huh?

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇

OMg I accidentally uploaded the wrong chapter earlier

OMg I accidentally uploaded the wrong chapter earlier. Lol, so here's the right one!!! Sorry guys :))))

I hope I'm not reusing the same gifs but honestly I can't remember lol oh welllllll