9

Sen led him out to the edge of the village and into the forest, where he had been days before. Sen teased Madara and challenged him to a race through the trees, which the competitive man couldn't deny. They laughed as they effortlessly flew between the branches until they reached the familiar clearing by the cliff.

"This is where I saw your brother," Madara commented.

"Sora, Mizura, I used to explore these cliffs when we were kids. When we found this clearing, we knew it was a perfect place to train. The beauty of the cliffside was a convenient bonus."

She continued toward the edge of the cliff to Madara's surprise. They began walking down the face of the cliff until Sen stopped at a ledge that was wide enough for them to relax on. Sen plopped down against the rock and let her head fall back as she lifted her eyes to the stars.

"It's incredible, don't you think?" Sen asked as they watched the night sky.

The stars sparkled as they hung in the infinite void. Hues of blue and purple mingled with the inky canvas as constellations were sprinkled freely across the landscape.

"It's very... tranquil," Madara breathed. "I've found that tranquility is almost impossible to come across, so when you find it, it's good practice to hold it closely."

Sen felt blissful as she listened to Madara's husky, comforting voice. As he spoke, she let her head fall onto her shoulder to have a better look at him. He looked absolutely breathtaking in the moonlight. His raven hair fell in his face, but from beneath the long, thick locks, his defined jawline and full lips were on display. His shoulders fell evenly with his breathing as they sat in silence.

He noticed that she was watching him, so he followed suit and slowly craned his neck to look over her as well. After he did this, Sen became suddenly aware of how strong her longing for this man was. The only thing she could think of was what it would feel like to be held against him by those strong arms while his lips softly pressed against hers. She wanted to run her fingers through his hair and down his chest, her lips teasing his skin as she gently nipped at him.

They looked deeply at one another, the entire world fading away for a moment as they held eyes passionately. In the shadows, their faces gravitating towards one another until they were so close that their alcohol-laden breath mixed together. The two hearts began beating faster, a rush of helplessness and hunger radiating between them.

"Sen," Madara whispered in a throaty tone, "I'm glad you're going to be returning with us to Konohagakure."

His long fingers brushed lightly against her neck, prickling the skin he touched as he made his way up to her jaw.

"Me too," she breathed sensually, her skin blistering under the touch of the Uchiha man.

Madara's palm cupped her cheek before he closed the minuscule space left between them. Feeling the softness of her lips against his gave him a rush and before he knew it, he was pulling her closer to him as if letting her go meant perishing himself. Sen gripped at the fabric of his shirt before snaking her arms around his neck. Their lips worked hungrily against one another's, desire overtaking logic while Madara's hands roamed from her neck to her hips, waist, and back.

As they parted, both were breathless at the encounter. Neither Madara nor Sen spoke. There was no sequence of words that could be pieced together to properly describe the intensity that existed between the two. Madara held her face gently and gave her a lopsided grin before kissing her on the nose, wrapping his arms around her midsection, and pulling her into his lap.

Being in Madara's arms felt like a homecoming. Sen had never been at peace the way she was at this moment. Her head was leaned against his broad chest while he rested his chin on the crown of her head.

The stars twinkled above them endlessly like small spotlights. The solitude of the cliff with the vast expanse of darkness made them feel as if they were the only two left on earth.

"Thank you for bringing me here," Madara spoke huskily.

Sen lifted her chin to make eye contact with him and let a gentle smile play on her mouth as she replied in a voice like honey, "My pleasure, Madara." 

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇