32

The Hyuga girls were making their way back through Konohagakure whenever they heard little voices shouting Sen's name. Mina noticed her sister's face immediately brightened as she turned in the direction of the noise. Sen spread her arms and caught three children in her embrace, squeezing them all together as they laughed in glee.

"My boys! What are you guys up to?" she asked.

Yuudai answered, "Hunting a cat!"

A confused look popped up on Mina's face. She looked to the other boys for a better explanation.

Yama noticed and shook his head, scoffing playfully, "What Yuudai means is, we're looking for a cat."

"We're on a mission given to us by the Hokage!" the little Hyuga boy added enthusiastically again.

Yama rolled his eyes while Sen laughed and said, "The Hokage couldn't have chosen finer shinobi to successfully complete this mission."

Karasu's big black eyes bounced from Mina to Sen. He quietly tugged at Sen's kimono and whispered in her ear, "Is that your mother?"

As she heard his words, Sen fought to keep a straight face; however, she failed miserably. She howled in laughter at Karasu's question, which confused the child even more. Sen's laughter bent her over double. With tears rolling down her face, she told Karasu to ask Mina.

The little Uchiha looked up to the pretty woman and asked the question again. Mina's eyes burned with rage and she shrieked, "No!!! Why would you even think that, you insolent little brat?! I don't look old! Do I?!"

Yuudai watched the encounter with fearful eyes. He knew of Mina through Sen and Sora's stories, and from what he had heard, she was not one to mess with regarding her appearance. He watched in horror as the Hyuga woman decimated little Karasu with her temper.

Sen laughed even harder. She was panting for breath as she clapped Mina on the back. "Sister, or mother should I say..." Sen began cackling again.

Mina hit her on the top of the head and snapped, "Shut up, Sen."

Karasu apologized, but Sen pulled him to her side and introduced him, "Mina, this is Karasu Uchiha, my student. These two are Yama Uchiha and Yuudai Hyuga, Sora's students."

A regal smile graced Mina's face and all three boys looked up in awe of her beauty. They all watched wide-eyed as she scanned over them. She spoke, "It's a pleasure to meet you all. Even you, Karasu Uchiha."

She sent him a wink and Karasu's cheeks burned scarlet while he smiled sheepishly.

Yuudai chirped to Sen and Mina, "We're actually going to meet Sora Sensei after we find the cat! Will you help us find it and then come train with us? Please?!"

The girls shrugged and walked with the kids. Sen wanted to activate her Byakugan and make this process go by much faster, but she wanted the boys to complete their mission on their own. However, she had already decided if this went on for too long that she would subtly intervene.

Surprisingly, the boys caught the cat within the hour and returned it to the old owner. She was pleased with the young shinobi and gave them each a candy for their hard work. She thanked Sen and Mina, but to Sen's displeasure, did not offer them a piece of candy.

After that, the group went to the training grounds and met up with Sora. As they approached, they saw the figure of another man who Sen instantly recognized as Tobirama Senju. She glanced over to Mina, who had become pale. The sisters shared a glance and Sen's hand instinctively grasped Mina's. She gave her a squeeze to reassure her that everything would be okay.

What's he doing here? Sen thought harshly. As they approached, Tobirama's stern eyes gazed over Sen for a moment before turning his attention to Mina and giving a quiet nod and tight-lipped smile. She returned a nervous grin and bow.

"Tobirama," Sen greeted him. "It's a surprise seeing you here."

"I was just passing through and thought I'd speak with Sora. However, now that Mina's here. I'd like to have a word with her," he looked over to her and raised an eyebrow. "If that's okay with you, my lady?"

Mina forced a stiff nod and then walked away with Tobirama, telling Sen and Sora she would see them at home. Sen watched as they disappeared through the trees and she silently hoped that things went well between the two.

Meanwhile, the boys were giving Sora hell, excitedly preparing to train with one another. They began running through ninjutsu and practicing taijutsu. Sen watched from the sidelines as the four trained, unable to take her mind off of Mina's situation.

The eldest Hyuga confused the hell out of Sen. She had spent so long thinking she knew Mina, wne in reality, she had been very wrong. Mina had acted the part so well that Sen still had a hard time believing her; however, the two girls had formed a bond over the event and Sen was willing to trust Mina in order to keep the new relationship.

Sen's reverie was intruded upon by Karasu shouting her name. She gave the kid her attention and he asked if she would help him practice his air bullet jutsu. She complied and went through the hand signs with him again before watching as he focused his chakra and attempted the jutsu. A weak gust of wind propelled forward and rustled the leaves of a bush in front of them.

Karasu grimaced and his eyes darkened in frustration. Sen kept quiet as he focused even harder and tried the jutsu again. This time, the sharp gust of air cut through the bush, splitting it in half. An accomplished smirk spread across the young Uchiha's face and he looked over to Sen, who gave him affirmation.

Karasu continued to strengthen his jutsu and Sen's eyes wandered over to Sora and Yama. The Uchiha boy was pushing Sora to his limits with the fire nature. However, it was to be expected, Yama was already much stronger with fire than Sora could ever hope to be.

After they finished training, Sora and Yuudai left while the two young Uchiha boys relaxed on the grass with Sen. They lay their heads in her lap as she ran her fingers through their hair. They talked about the village and their clans before Yama asked in his matter-of-fact way if Sen and Madara were a couple.

"No!" she denied quickly, hiding her blush. "We're good friends. I have great respect for your leader, Yama."

"Is that all you have for him?" the smirking boy countered, stifling a laugh.

Karasu suppressed a smile as well and added gently, "Come on, Sen Sensei... You know you can't lie to us."

Sen groaned good naturedly. "You two will be the death of me. And no, the truth still is that Madara and I are close friends. We enjoy one another's company."

The Uchiha boys looked at one another and shook their heads, not believing a word from their mentor. They teased Sen a bit more, to which she became playfully defensive and threatened to have the Hokage bind them in a grove of trees if they didn't stop. They figured she was joking, but weren't willing to find out.

Quietly, their heads fell back onto her lap. Soon after, they had fallen asleep. As her eyes gazed over the two kids, she gave them both a motherly smile. Yama and Karasu, Sen thought fondly, I'm so thankful to have met you boys.

◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇─ ◇ ─ ◇ ─ ◇ 

I know this is Rasengan but just pretend it's some normal ass wind lmao idk