Chapter 13: Here Goes Nothing

YOUR POV:

The day after your outing with Mina, Hunter had given you the full report on Morina's interrogation. Turns out the kid they were after was an eleven year old boy named Riku Sato who's got an unusually strange but potentially strong quirk. Apparently this child can convert things into other materials, moulding them into different shapes and stuff (kinda like the alchemy in full metal '\(•~•)/')

'Marlo' and his gangs' whole scheme was to kidnap the boy and use him as a sort of everlasting money pot, their very own cash dispenser, this idea is what got Marlo leadership over the gang and was the glue that held the group together. Fortunately for you, the thugs had seriously miscalculated the current output of his quirk which was too underdeveloped to yield the type of profit they were hoping for so with the protection of the child and the loss of their leader the organised crime should die down soon.

Long story short you personally informed the parents of the boys potential danger and assured them that if need be, Psyche would be ready to intervene at a moments notice, after all, with a quirk as full of potential as his one could only imagine the problems he could face later down the line.

When you visited them you found out that Riko was pretty much your biggest fan and promised to take him around your agency for the day if his parents would allow it. Obviously they said yes so you showed him around a bit, took some pictures with him and then the parents took him home.

It's been around a month since that all happened and as usual you were sitting at your desk going through a giant stack of paperwork under a lamp at some ungodly hour.

"(N/N).. you're down here again? You finished all the work you needed to do hours ago" hunter yawned as he walked up to your work station. "are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine H, I just can't sleep so I might as well get some paperwork done" you mumbled

"Get up. You're going to bed" he huffed taking the stack from your desk

"Wha- why? Give it back Hunter!" You groaned as you tried to get your work back

"C'mon..."

"H-Hunter?!" You spat in confusion as you felt your body ascend from the ground

"I don't care what you say. It's four in the morning, you've been up for nearly 37 hours straight."

"I told you I'm fine" you snapped struggling to get out of his grip as he flipped you over his shoulder

"I'm going to take you to your apartment. Lay you on your bed and you are going to sleep and that is final."

"Stop babying me!" He pulled your key out of your pocket and walked you onto your house.

"And you're taking a few days off"

"Like hell I am?!" You growled furrowing your brows as he plopped you face first onto your bed

"ARGHHHHH!" You gurgled into your pillow as you stretched your stiff limbs out across the bed

"........."

".................."

"......................."

"(Y/N)... are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. Why'd you ask?" You grumbled pushing yourself face deeper into the fluffy black pillow

"You've been burying yourself in unnecessary work a lot recently, keeping yourself busy, like...like you're trying to distract yourself from something"

"I already told you. I'm fine." You sighed

"(Y/N) IM SERIOUS!"

"........"