Chapter 6

I was leaning on the counter sipping some drink, slowly becoming more drunk when a guy with brown hair came up to me. he was obviously drunk but so was I. 

"You wanna make out?" he asked with a stupid grin on his face. I grinned back and nodded. 

Just as we started to make out I was yanked away from him. I looked around confused and then I saw Claudia pushing away the brown headed guy while holding onto my arm. I turned to her and smiled and wrapped my arms around her neck and started swaying to the beat of the music. 

"Rose you're drunk let me take you home." I pulled away from her and shook my head. 

"I'm not taking no for an answer. We can do this the hard way or the easy way." I pout and then take her hand. She leads my out of the house and soon we are walking in the cool night. 

I stop, "Rose is something wrong?" Claudia says stopping with me. 

I shook my head and then stood on my tippy toes and kissed her cheek and then I stood back and grinned. She was looking at me with an intense hunger in her eyes or maybe I was just imagining it. 

"Rose stop your drunk." 

"I've been drunk before."  I sign sloppily. She just looks at me confused. 

"Come on let's go." Claudia pulls me along until darkness suddenly over takes me.

The next morning I wake up in my own bed. As I stumble downstairs I groan, my head is pounding.

 "Morning sweetie." Dad said cheerfully as I walked into the kitchen. I nod back at him. 

"Did you have fun at the party?" I look into the cabinets looking for something to eat, trying to avoid responding to him. 

"Because you know dealing with my drunk daughter is not the way I imagined my night going." I don't say anything, my head still in the cabinet. 

"It's ok Rose I'm not mad. Claudia explained the situation to me. Now hurry up or you'll be late for school." 

I nod and signed a thank you and ran upstairs to get dressed.

I sighed my first class was gym. I've always hated gym because I was surrounded by idiots who were always competing. I wasn't the weakest but then again I wasn't the strongest.

 "Ok guys today we'll be racing. For a warm up I want you to run around the perimeter of the school fourteen times." 

Everyone shifted into their wolf form but I waited until everyone was done before I did. My wolf was a dark brown with some streaks of black that you couldn't really see unless I was standing in the direct light. When my dad first saw me in my wolf form he said I was beautiful but I couldn't see it. To myself I looked like a typical colored wolf, not like Claudia.

 "Ok everyone start your laps." the gym teacher yelled.

Everyone took off the strongest in the front and the weaker ones in the back. I was in the middle I guess with everyone chattering through the mind link that we share. I just ignored them and concentrated on staying in the middle. But then I caught a glimpse of purple tipped tail. Mate. My wolf whispered. It took all of my control not to sprint after her and to keep that one word out of the mind link. I found myself speeding up unconsciously. And then the next thing I knew I was running right next to Claudia. I turn my head slightly to look at her and I found that she was looking at me too. Again I thought I saw a flash of lust in her eyes but I couldn't be sure. Suddenly she started speeding up and I started speeding up too. It kept going until we were ahead of everyone else. I usually didn't like to compete but Claudia just brought something out in me.