Chapter 14

"Where are we going?"  

"You'll see."  

"Fine." I signed with a pout. 

"Your to cute when you make that face." she says and I blush . 

We arrived at a cute looking cafe and we sat down by a window. We looked at the menus everything looked so good that I wanted to get it all. I tap on Claudia's and when she looked up at me I asked "What are you getting?" 

"I'm  think I'm going to get a burger. What about you?" 

"I don't know it all looks so good. How about you choose for me." 

"I don't think-" she starts to protest but I shake my head. 

"I have faith in you."  

"Finee." she groaned. 

Claudia ordered while I was in the bathroom so I didn't know what she got me. I hoped it was something good. I was so happy to be with her today even if I'm missing some school. I felt so good to hang out with my mate. She must know right? She must feel the connection between us. I'm starting to trust her more. I'm starting to believe that she wouldn't leave me. It's dangerous because if she left me it would be so much worst then losing my mom but I can't help myself I'm starting to trust. 

I walk back to the table and our food hasn't come yet so I sat back down. 

"So what are we doing after this? I'm assuming you had this day planned out."   

"I'm not going to tell you. It's a surprise." 

"But-" I started. 

"No. Let's talk about something else." 

"Like what?"  

"Like what you were actually doing with Cole the other night." she says looking me in the eyes.

 I tense up "I promised him I wouldn't tell you."  I sign not looking at her.

"Really. Am I the only one being left in the dark or is Jake too?" she asks.

"Both of you. I promised I wouldn't tell you or Jake." 

"How about you give me hints. It wouldn't be considered you telling me."  she suggested.

"No." I signed trying to keep a straight face. 

"Fine just answer this. Was it anything bad?" I shake my head. 

"Was it anything you didn't want to do?" 

I shake my head again and said "I don't like him. He's just a nice friend." she let out a sigh just as our food came.

The waitress set down a burger in front of Claudia and then set down a chicken sandwich and a small steak and it also came with French fries. My mouth was watering just looking at it. 

"You got this all for me?" I asked looking at her wide eyed. 

She looked down embarrassed "Well I saw you flip between those two a lot so I decided to get you both. 

"Thank you!"  I signed and started eating.

All the food was delicious. Me and Claudia ended up arguing over who was going to pay the bill so we ended up splitting it. We left the cafe and Claudia had her armed around my shoulders while I was beaming. We were walking down the sidewalk and a guy rammed into me and I fell on the ground. 

"Watch where you're going girl."

"Don't fucking talk to her like that." Claudia said with a growl. 

"I can say whatever I want." he replied.

By his smell I could tell that he was not a werewolf so if Claudia was going to fight him the dude would get pummeled. 

"You do not push her to the ground do you understand?" she said to the guy threateningly. 

She was a good inch taller than him but he wouldn't back down. So he tried to punch her in the gut but she caught his fist and twisted it until his wrist snapped. 

"Fuck." he yelled. 

I quickly got up and grabbed Claudia's elbow and started walking away. She calmed at my touch and wrapped her arm back around my shoulders. 

"You're mental!" the guy yelled. 

"Go fuck yourself." Claudia yelled back. As we continued walking down the street.