Chapter 30

Rose's POV

The food came and it wasn't a lot just a chocolate chip muffin but I was grateful for it anyway. I stared at the wall in front of me. I just wanted to go to sleep. I wanted an escape. 

The door opened and I saw a glimpse of a dim hallway and I sighed. The person who walked in was Anthony. 

"Hi little pup!" he said cheerfully. 

"I'm in a good mood right now so before I give you a sleeping pill, I'm going to let you ask a question." he said.

I looked at him with a confused look. How was supposed to ask a question, talking is out of the question and it's not like I can write or sign. My left hand twitched and Anthony saw it and smiled. 

"I see. You're still not going to talk. Well I guess I could let you write out a question." he said with a grin. He pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil and undid the band on my left wrist. "Ask away little pup."

So this whole kidnapping thing was about a stone? I wrote.

As soon as I was done Anthony snatched the pencil and paper and quickly redid the band. As he read the question his eyes narrowed. He looked up at me with a slightly crazy grin and said "It's not just about the stone." He slowly walked towards me and I flinched.

"It's also about the betrayal. We all promised each other that we would not touch each other's piece of the stone." he said caressing my face. 

"But you know what your mother did? She took all the gems for herself!" he yelled angrily and I flinched. 

"The Alexandrite gem is pretty rare too. Do you understand?" he asked taking a few steps back. I nodded. 

"It was not just about gems it was about trust. When your own pack disowns you and you have to be on your own, you feel like there's no one you can trust. That's why trust is so important." he said. My eyes widened at what he just revealed. Does this mean mom was kicked out of her pack?

Anthony took a pill from his pocket and forced me to swallow it. The last thing I saw was a him meeting another person as he walked out the door.

I find myself at the same pond where I kissed Claudia. I look around but no one was here but me so I sat down on a rock and stared at the pond thinking. Will I ever get to see Claudia in person again? Or see my dad? I sighed and looked around again. Still no Claudia. Was everything alright was she ok?

I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder. When I look down there was a claw mark on my shoulder. I gasped. What was happening? Was Claudia ok? I hope she was. It felt like hell being without her along with being whipped and cut as well. 

I could feel myself waking up. I was disappointed that I didn't see Claudia but I was also worried.

As I was waking up I heard people talking. 

"Well what are going to do with her?" 

"I can kill her if you want." 

"No Anthony you are not going to kill an innocent person." 

"Well how do we know she's innocent she could be lying. You never know." 

"She was not lying when I asked her." 

"What are you a lie detector?"

It was Miranda and Anthony arguing. Why they were doing it in the room was beyond me but I kept pretending that I sleeping so that I could hear their conversation.

"I-no. But she has no reason to lie." Miranda says. 

"Pfft sure. She just tells the truth because you let her write on a piece of paper." Anthony retorts. 

"Yes exactly. I was nice to her and did not cause her pain so she answered my questions truthfully." 

"Miranda you trust people too much to tell the truth." Anthony says with a chuckle. 

"So ok let's assume that she was telling that truth and she never got the gems then what are we going to do huh? We now have no idea where the gems could be. Chloe didn't give them to her mate because she would never put her mate in danger. So the pup has to be lying." Anthony says. 

"Fine say that you're right, how are we going to get her to tell the truth? She will not talk to either of us." Miranda fires back. 

They keep going back and forth until a voice that I don't recognize says "Stop arguing and let's go get some food. I'm hungry. Once we eat we can come back to this conversation." Miranda and Anthony grumble in agreement.

Once they left I opened my eyes. I hope that they don't kill me but honestly they probably will and I'll never get to see Claudia, my dad, Hannah, and everyone else again. I look down at my wrists and ankles that were swollen because of the silver bands. All the cuts on my arms from Anthony were healed and all that was left was scars. I heard the sound of the door opening and I looked up. I gasped and my eyes widened in surprise.

Standing in front of me with a grin was Hannah.