Chapter 23

Claudia's POV

I awoke yelling Rose's name. I was worried something didn't feel right. But it was just a dream right? I look over at my clock and I groan it was only 4 am. So I lie in bed for two more hours worrying bout Rose and the dream I had. 

After I got dressed I went to Jake's room and banged on the door.

"Wake up you sleepyhead we have to go to school." I yell. 

"Why are you in a rush." I banged on the door again. 

"Just wake up." 

Then I went to Cole's door and started banging on that one, "Wake up my favorite brother. Let's go." 

"Hey!" 

I hear from Jake's room and then he opened the door and he standing there in his underwear. 

"I'm your favorite brother not him." 

"He's my favorite nonbiological brother idiot. Now go put some clothes on so we're not late." 

"Fine." he said and shut his door. 

I started banging on Cole's door again. It took so much work waking these guys up in the morning and sometimes I wonder why I even bother waking them up, I should just let them be late. 

I was about to start banging on his door again when Cole opened the door and he was in his underwear too. 

"I'm up I'm up ok. You don't have to keep banging on my door." 

"Hey I just wanted you to get up." I say defensively. 

"Well it's not like I can ignore your bickering with Jake." I laugh.

"Go put clothes on." 

Cole grumbled something that I couldn't make out and shut his door.

After I got everyone up and out of he house we walked to school. On the way to school  younger wolves nod as a sign of respect to Jake and Cole. Once we enter the building I leave Cole and Jake and go to my locker. Something wasn't right I couldn't feel Rose's presence in the building. Usually I can at least feel a pull towards her but there's nothing. She might just be late, I think and head to class. 

It was lunch and I still couldn't feel Rose's presence. I checked the spots where she could be but I couldn't find her. I text her but there was no response so I called but no one picked up. I started to panic. 

I found Jake with Cole in the cafeteria. I dragged them outside. Jake could see the worry on my face. 

"Whoa Claudia are you ok?" 

"I can't find Rose. She's not at school." I see Cole frown a bit but I didn't ask. 

"Well maybe she's sick. You really don't have to worry." Jake said reassuringly. 

"No you don't understand, I called her and she didn't pick up." 

"Claudia relax she could be in the shower or whatever girls do." Cole saw the look on my face and put a hand on Jake's shoulder. 

"I don't think that's bro." 

"Something's wrong." I whisper.

Jake sighed "After school we can go to her house and make sure she's ok." 

I felt anger course through my body he doesn't understand. Something's  wrong. Something happened and it can't wait. 

"No I'm going now." I say and start walking away from school. 

"Wait Claudia you can't just leave in the middle of school." Jake called after me. 

"Sure I can. I can do whatever the hell I want." I call over my shoulder. I could hear Jake let out a sigh of frustration but I kept walking away.

I was about to leave school property when someone tackled me. I growled at the wolf on top of me when they got they shifted back into their human form. It was some senior from another pack. I growled again. 

"Ms. Cleavson, trying to leave school early?" 

I look over and Mrs. Peckett was standing a few feet away. I scowled, so she got this kid to chase down. 

"Why yes I am." I say and continue walking. 

"I don't think you are." she said and the senior grabbed my wrist held them behind my back. "You'll have two days of detention."

"Mrs. Peckett is there something wrong?" I turn my head and Jake and Cole were strolling up to us. 

"Yes Mr. Cleavson your sister was trying to leave school early." 

My brother didn't even glance over at me and said "I'm sorry for my sisters behavior. I'll make sure she doesn't do it again." and he gave her a smile. 

"See Claudia you should be more like your brother." Mrs. Peckett said and waved for the senior behind me to let me go. Cole gave me a nod. 

"Run!" Jake yelled and Cole, Jake and I ran off of school property and laughing. I shifted into my wolf and sprinted as fast as I could to Rose's house.