Chapter 24

Claudia's POV

When I reached Rose's house I forced myself to slow down and only do a light jog to the door with Jake and Cole behind me. I knocked on the door somewhat franticly and Michael answered the door. He had deep bags under his eyes and looked like he was crying. 

"Alpha, Beta, Claudia, to what do I owe the pleasure of you visiting me?" he asked sounding exhausted and defeated. 

Before I could say anything Jake pushed in front of me and asked "Do you mind if we come inside?" 

Rose's father shook his head and lead us into the house. I could already tell that Rose wasn't here and my heart sank. Where was she? 

We sat down on the couch while Michael sat in an armchair across from us. 

"Are you ok Michael?" Cole asked concerned.

 He looked down at the ground and covered his face with his hands "No. Rose is gone." 

Now the dream all made sense. She was kidnapped, who knows what they're doing to her. My worry turned to anger. It was all his fault, if Michael hadn't decided to stay at their house and stayed with us them Rose wouldn't be kidnapped. 

I stood up "This is all your fault." I say my teeth clenched. 

"If you just came and stayed with us Rose would still be here." I yell. 

Rose's father looked up at me looking defeated "Don't you think that I know that. That I have been blaming myself for the past 12 hours, that I could've done something to prevent this. That this was my fault and if I hadn't been so selfish that they would still be here. So go ahead, punch me, beat me up, it is my fault and I know it. I deserve whatever you decide to do, punch me, kick me, starve me, whatever you want, I don't have anything to live for anymore." 

I look at him surprised. Sure maybe I was thinking about beating him up but I would never do it. This is Rose's father and I wouldn't hurt him. 

"I can't believe that you're giving up this easily. We'll find her. And I'm not going to beat you up ok?" He nodded.

I as soon as I sat back down I felt a sting on my back and it spread throughout my body. It took all my strength to stop my muscles from spasming and I struggled to keep my face straight. It happened again and again. I pressed my hands to my eyes to try and keep myself conscious but it wasn't working. I faintly heard my brother asking me if I was alright and then I passed out.

I saw her standing by a pond and I ran to her and pulled her into my arms. I buried my face into her neck. 

"Hi." she whispered. 

"Hey." I mumbled. 

"I'm sorry that I making you go through my pain." 

I spun her around so she was facing me and saw that her eyes were tearing up. 

"Hey, hey, don't say that. I'm a tough cookie I can get through anything. Except losing you." I said and I leaned down and pressed my lips onto hers. 

It started out slow but soon my tongue found its way into her mouth. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled herself closer to me. I couldn't believe someone as beautiful as her was my mate and she was everything to me. I started kissing down her neck and I found her sensitive spot and bit it gently and she let out a little moan. God I love her moan. 

My hands slipped underneath her shirt and started to play with her breast. She let another moan. I let go of her sensitive spot and licked my mark on her. Rose pressed herself closer to me and suddenly I wanted to rip her shirt off of her. My mouth found it's was back up to hers and we started kissing again. 

When we stopped to take a breath Rose looked at me with sad. I removed on of my hands from her breasts and I caressed her cheeked, "Honey what's wrong?" 

Her eyes started filling with tears, "You're fading." I looked at my hand and sure enough I was fading. I kissed Rose as I slowly woke up.