Chapter 29

Rose's POV

"Did your mom ever talk about her life before she met your father?"

 I  dragged back up the memories that I worked so hard to forget about. 

No. I wrote

Miranda nodded. "Did you have a close relationship with your mother?" 

Yes. I wrote.

"Does your father wear any jewelry?" she asks.

No.

"Now this a very important question. Did she ever give you any jewelry, stone, and figures?" 

That was the same question Anthony asked. I didn't want to remember anymore it hurt too much. I wanted to be in Claudia arms. 

"Rose you must answer the question. Did your mother ever give you jewelry?" she  through clenched teeth.

*flashback*

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Rose. Happy birthday to you!" my parents sang and my eyes never left the beautiful cake that my dad baked me.  

"Blow out the candles and make a wish Rose." mom said. I took a big breath and blew out all the candles in one blow. 

"Yayyy. I did it." 

"Good job sweetie." dad said.

"Are you ready for presents?"  my mom asks. 

"Yeah!" I cheer and run into the living room and sat on the couch. Mom got a box from her room while dad sat on the couch with me and pulled me onto his lap. 

"Here's your present honey." mom said and handed the box to me and inside was a ring with four pretty stones in the middle. 

I gasped and looked back up to mom, "It's beautiful! Do I really get it?" I exclaim. 

"Yes honey. You might not be able to wear it yet so keep it in a safe place ok?" mom says. 

"Ok." I say cheerfully and put the ring on one of my fingers but it was too big so as soon as moved my hand it fell off.  

"Now promise mommy that you will take good care of your ring and not lose it." mom said with a serious look on her face. 

"I will mommy. I'll take good care of it and not lose it." "

Good sweetie. Now let's go have some cake." I got off dad's lap and ran back into the kitchen, "Yay! Cake!"

5 years later

I carefully took the ring out of the special box I kept it in, trying not to cry. I snuck out of the house and started walking towards the woods. I had no destination in mind, just that I had find some place safe. I walked for awhile until I came to a stream. I walked through it not even caring that my shoes got wet. I walked a little way down along the stream until I found a spot. I started to dig with my hands and made a pretty deep hole, I placed the ring in hole and put the dirt back in the hole. I finally couldn't keep my tears back and I started to cry. With tears still in my eyes I washed my hands in the stream. It's been one year since my mom was killed and the pain still hasn't gone away. I crossed the stream again and somehow made my way back to my house. 

"Rose!" I spun around but I didn't see anyone. 

"Rose wake up." I looked around but still no one was there. 

"Rose!" 

I felt a sting on my cheek and I blinked a couple of times. I wasn't in front of my house, I was in a room, tied to chair. Miranda was standing in front of me with a strange expression on her face. 

"Rose can you answer the question?"

For my birthday once I got a rainbow ring but it had no gems. I also got a necklace but again it had no gems it was black with little rainbows painted over a black stone but it was just a stone you could find in a creek. I wrote. 

Miranda sighed, "You better not be lying to me." I shook my head. 

She sighed again and then took the paper and pencil and she put the silver band back on my wrist. I gasped at the burning sensation that reappeared on my wrist. 

"I'll be sending down food in a half hour. I'm sure you're hungry since you haven't eaten anything for a few days." Miranda said then left.

My stomach growled. I didn't even notice until she brought it up. Great.

While I was staring at the wall waiting for the food Miranda promised I realized something. I always assumed assumed it was a rival pack because who else would it be? It wasn't rogues because I remember hearing more than one voice. But no one really found out who killed my mom. So the people I heard that day was probably Miranda and the other member of the group. But my question is who is the other member of the group?